Joey Chernov

Expo 2015 Concepts

As of now, the layout and design for the 2015 World's Fair has yet to be set in stone. While searching the Expo 2015 website, I came across a section showing concepts of the fair as they stand now. It might be me, but I think it looks more like a street fair that an World-class Exposition.

An ærial view of the sight:

post-4303-126108867137_thumb.jpg

Another ærial:

post-4303-126108876294_thumb.jpg

post-4303-126108862623_thumb.jpg

Main Lagoon??

post-4303-126108870107_thumb.jpg

post-4303-126108878361_thumb.jpg

Yes it is true that the Design from Herzog and De Meuron looks like a stret fair but what has to be unerstood is their conceptual design and the fact that each country will receive a parcel of land where they will have to grow their typical food (Typical rice, grain, vegetables, fruit,etc) in combination with new energy resources applied to the growing process.

That is why you see all these coloured and covered squares along the main boulevard.

For more info on the presentation and the concept itself

go to: "http://www.abitare.it/uncategorized/expo/">http://www.abitare.it/uncategorized/expo/

At first blush that sounds boring - most countries will have many of the same basic crops - wheat, rice, etc - and how exciting will fields of plants look?

Today was the day that the Expo 2015 Planning committee traveled to BIE headquarters in Paris to present the master Plan of Expo 2015. It looks like this design is what was approved.

Seems to lack the creativity of design of the individual pavilions as in Shanghai and Aichi but perhaps better off for reuse and being 'green' I am a big fan of the architecture of the fairs and it is always a highlight for me.

Jason