The goal of The World's Fair Community (WFC) Forum is to promote world's fairs and expositions. It is a member supported, open forum for discussing all aspects of world's fairs and expositions. It is a friendly social network for world's fair enthusiasts around the world.
The forum guidelines for posting are important and should be read and accepted before you choose to participate. WFC encourages contributors who are courteous, polite and respectful. We discourage those who choose to behave in a disrespectful and/or irresponsible manner. WFC, its staff and volunteer moderators will take appropriate steps to ensure discussions adhere to these guidelines.
In general, we will leave it to you, the community, to manage your own conduct. We ask that you treat other forum participants with respect. Please remember that this is a public venue read by many people of all ages, from around the world, spanning all walks of life.
If you have any questions regarding the appropriateness of a forum discussion post, you may discuss that with the author of the post. Cite the appropriate portion of the guidelines if necessary. You may also use the ‘report’ icon found at the bottom of that post. This alerts a The World's Fair Community Forum moderator to look into that topic.
Forum moderators are generous volunteers that give up their time to help build a better community. Occasionally, our forum moderators will need to use their discretion to determine the best course of action. WFC has entrusted these volunteers to do what is best for the global community, including regional communities, when appropriate. Volunteers assist with focusing topics of discussion and will gently enforce guidelines, as needed. They can edit/delete posts, move, close or delete topics, and temporarily moderate users’ posts.
Discussion forums are moderated to preserve the spirit of an open, interactive discussion without offending participants. Please understand that we are not attempting to censor any messages or opinions. We (WFC, WFC’s staff, and the volunteer moderators) reserve the right to edit/remove inappropriate messages, or to lock a discussion thread. Before taking any of these actions, a moderator will attempt to steer the discussion back to the topic, if this is possible and appropriate. The additional step of editing or deleting a post will only be taken in appropriate circumstances. Again, the intent is not to censor legitimate discussion or to change the meaning of any post. If we edit your post and you do not like the changes, notify us and we can delete your post. Examples of posts that may be edited or deleted include those containing profanity, chain letters and other spam postings or those that reveal private information about another community member. Other examples are included below.
Here are some things to keep in mind when posting:
- Forum courtesy: Please treat WFC, its employees, volunteers, fellow community members, and guests on these boards with courtesy and respect. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they should be treated fairly.
- Foul language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family-friendly. All forum posts must conform to a family-friendly standard and contributors must act accordingly.
- Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.
- Sock puppet accounts are not permitted. A sock puppet is an account made on an internet message board by a person who already has an account for the purpose of posting anonymously. Use your own account for posting personal opinions. Posts from known sock puppet accounts will be deleted and both the puppet and actual account may be banned from using the services of WFC.
- Responses to a particular thread should be on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that veer off topic may be closed by a moderator.
- Sometimes, a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue or a heated debate among a very small number of users. For these exchanges, we ask that you please use the Personal Message feature that is provided through The World's Fair Community (WFC) Forums, or the WFC e-mail system. Public forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the general community.
- Posting the same message, or an unsolicited commercial message, to one or many topics or boards is considered spam. Duplicate messages may be deleted or consolidated by our moderators. Please do your best to post new topics to the appropriate forum board. Moderators can take action when a thread should be moved to a more appropriate section.
- It is WFC's desire to maintain forums for the purpose of promoting world's fairs and expositions. As a result, we intend to limit forum discussions that promote a commercial, social, political or charitable agenda insofar as the agenda does not reasonably relate to world's fairs and expositions. Therefore, threads or posts perceived to have been made with the intent of promoting any of the above agendas will not be permitted. Please note that our Volunteer Forum Moderators are authorized to exercise their discretion in providing some reasonable latitude for forum discussion postings relating to local events and issues in local discussion forums. Notwithstanding the above, WFC reserves the right to include or permit the inclusion of limited commercial content in this forum, in its sole discretion.
- We do not allow our forums to be used to collect marketing information.
- Personal classified advertising is permitted in the 'Commerce Zone' forum. Discrete advertising is also permitted in the 'Events' forum and WFC Calendar. Please note that WFC is not involved in any related transactions.
Member signatures may also contain advertising and should conform to the following rules:
- Limit of 500 characters
- Type is 12pt or smaller
- Use black text
- Hyperlinks are allowed
- Avoid using bold or italic type
- Avoid using images and HTML
- Any messages you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion board is online. Once you have posted your message, it will stay online. Please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post. We will not edit the content you wrote unless it does not conform to the forum guidelines. In the unlikely even that we do edit your post and you do not like the changes, we can delete the message at your request.
- You will not use any forum to post or transmit any message or other material that violates or infringes the rights of any other party, including, without limitation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
- You will not use any forum to post or transmit any material that is: abusive, hateful, racist, bigoted, sexist, harassing, threatening, inflammatory, defamatory, knowingly false, vulgar, obscene, sexually-oriented, profane or is otherwise in violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation.
- You will not post or transmit any software or computer files that contain a virus, worm or other disruptive or harmful component.
- If someone has posted copyrighted material or otherwise illegal material, please notify WFC so that we may take appropriate action.
- Abuse of this forum will be not be tolerated.
Our "Not Work Safe" (NWS) Policy
Our policy on vulgar, obscene and sexually oriented content can be found in item 14 of the community guidelines. To be expeditious we'll just say "not work safe" or NWS. Determining if content is NWS is invariably subjective. Historic, artistic or newsworthy content may be considered by some to be NWS. Burlesque was a part of world's fairs even in the 1960s so what are we as a community to do?
WFC welcomes all content that is directly world's fair related and of a historic, artistic or newsworthy nature.
If you have other content not directly related to world's fairs that may offend put it up on a photo sharing site or your own website and link to it. Let people know the content is NWS and let them choose to view it.
If you want to put something up that may be questionable send an email to WFCadmin@gmail.com.
We reserve the right to disable, delete or modify any post but we don't like to.
If we find content on WFC that does not meet the requirements of the NWS policy we will disable it and contact the author who can then choose to edit the topic or delete it from WFC.
Contact Us: Our main email address is: WFCadmin@gmail.com
Comments specifically about the staff or one of the volunteers can be sent to: WFCadmin@gmail.com
Please remember that any information you disclose in a forum becomes public information and can be used by people you do not know. Accordingly, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal or other information in a forum. Any such disclosures are at your own risk.
Although we may monitor or review posted messages from time to time, we do not actively monitor the contents of the forums, and we are not under any obligation to do so. Each user is solely responsible and liable for the contents of his or her postings, and we are not responsible in any way for the content or opinions expressed therein. We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove, edit or move, at any time, any material posted to the forums, in each case as we deem appropriate.
You acknowledge that the content of all postings expresses the views of the author, and not of The World's Fair Community Forum or other affiliates, or any other entity, person, representative or agent associated with The World's Fair Community Forum. You also acknowledge that your use of or reliance on the information posted by other users in this forum is at your own risk.
Your access to the forums is subject to Forum Guidelines applicable to all forums on this website. By entering a forum, you specifically agree to comply with each of the guidelines:
Without limiting any of our other rights or remedies, a violation of any of the forum guidelines may result in removal of a user's postings, revocation of registration and/or banning a registrant's email address, which would prohibit the user from having any access to any or all of the forums.
The World's Fair Community Forum will cooperate fully with law enforcement officials and comply with any court order with respect to any claim or investigation arising from your participation in any of the forums and any material posted by you, including, without limitation, furnishing such material and information regarding your identity and any other information we may have about you.
The views and opinions expressed in any forum on this website are those of the individual members and do not represent The World's Fair Community, its owners, administrators or moderators. You assume total responsibility for any and all material you post to any such forum.
You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of and participation in any forum on this website. The World's Fair Community Forum shall not be responsible or liable under any circumstances for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or other damages arising out of or in any way related to any forum on this website. If you are dissatisfied with this website, including any forum thereon, your sole remedy is to cease use of the website or forum, as applicable.
The World's Fair Community Forum does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials on this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the servers that make such materials available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. The World's Fair Community Forum does not warrant or make any representation regarding the correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of the use of any of the materials.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold The World's Fair Community Forum harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liability, costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred by The World's Fair Community Forum in connection with or arising out of your participation in any of the forums on this website and any material posted by you thereto.
The World's Fair Community Forum is originated and located in the United States, and this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, excluding its conflicts of law rules. Any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement or your access or use of this Web site will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the state of Michigan, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts. If any provision in this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect the original intent of the provision, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
You acknowledge that by participating in any forum on this website, you are granting The World's Fair Community Forum the unrestricted right, throughout the world and in perpetuity, to copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, perform, display or otherwise use, at no cost whatsoever to The World's Fair Community Forum, any and all material you post to any such forum, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights embodied therein.