worldsfairent

FMCP TONIGHT ON CSI:NY!

Dear Friends...

In all the years I've been on this board-- my biggest dream has been to set an episode of television in Flushing Meadows Corona Park-- the treasured site of two World's Fairs (not to mention where I got engaged!). And beginning tonight at 10/9 Central on CBS-- that dream is finally realized in the second of a three part multi-episode mystery on CSI:NY.

Significant portions of the next two episodes were filmed on location in the Park. The Unisphere, the New York State Pavilion, the Rocket Thrower, and more... all woven into a World's Fair inspired trail of evidence and presented in glorious HD. And while the subject matter may be dark and difficult for some-- I couldn't be happier with the way our beloved FMCP is showcased. I sincerely hope you feel the same. Please tune in tonight and next Wednesday night-- as Gary Sinise and our team of CSI's try to "flush a killer out of Flushing Meadows!"

Thanks for watching!

post-585-125857436819_thumb.jpg

Trey

Thanks for the heads up. I could easily have forgotten. Another reminder around 9PM couldn't hurt either.

Congratulations on a dream fulfilled. That's such a rare feeling of enormous reward that it is doled out few times in life. Sounds like you are up early trying to enjoy every second of the day.

Thanks for your efforts. You are clearly not alone in appreciating the sense of satisfaction this particular culmination of vocation and avocation provides.

I wish you big numbers!

Gonna overtake the McCloud episode as the FMCP's greatest TV appearance! I wonder if we'll spot Johnny waving from the VIP deck! :D

I'm playing an updated version of "Hi Bob," and taking a drink at every Fair reference. (I caught the fleeting glimpse of the TOT sketch in the hospital room) Surprised that it was later referred to as such, not NYSP.

NICE shot approaching the Unisphere, revealing it through the trees! Nice fade out of same at the very end!

Can't wait til next episode.

WOW - that was terrific - Terrazzo on the killer shoes - looks like he's been walkin on the Map in the Tent of Tomorrow!!!!

Hey - what happened to those sketches of the pavillions in the episode? Will they be up for auction?

This is just terrific work...can't wait for next episode. Exposure like this for the park and the fair will assure that our beloved event is not forgotten.

yowza! I have wanted to create that night time SiP gig that Gary Sinese crashed tonight... minus of course the creepy guy stealing fuel.

THANKS A LOT for watching, gang-- so glad you enjoyed! Next week's FMCP footage will BLOW YOU AWAY! B)

I caught a rocket park reference verbally in this ep - was it shown in this ep on compass guys wall?

Good ear, Bench. Yeah, we originally scouted Rocket Park and intended to shoot both there and the Hall of Science. But with only one day to accomplish three episodes worth of filming in FMCP between CitiField and the NYSP-- we ultimately had to scrap those scenes in favor of getting all the amazing stuff we got for tonight and next week's stories. Thanks for watching! Can't wait to hear your reactions to next week's footage!

Your CSI happens - by HAPPY accident - at a time when FMCP is making it's own news - at long last. Thanks Trey. I was there upstate NY for the Historic Preservation hearing and they read your letter and deemed it - way, way cool.

Glad these Eps air just now - perfect!

"Dawn of a New Day!"

yer pal,

da'Bench

The shot of the cast emerging from the trees onto the illuminated Unisphere with fountains in their full glory was nothing short of breathtaking.

Simply amazing!

That shot through the trees leading out to the Unisphere was incredible!

It reminded of exactly what we saw last year when approaching the unisphere for the first time. All we could see was trees and hear and see the bottom of the fountains. Not until we got beyond the trees could we see the immense Unisphere before us!

I can't wait to see next week's footage!

GREAT JOB!!!

I'll enjoy that beautiful footage while I can. When the episodes go to syndication, they will look like this. Check out poor Melina Kanakredes...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091117/ap_on_bi_ge/us_tv_pop_up_invaders;_ylt=AgzWBkWPHZLBsV6kiOCstL8nHL8C;_ylu=X3oDMTFhcGJjcWMwBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5bl9wcm9tb3NfdG9wX2JhcgRzbGsDcG9wLXVwcGFpbg--

And here's an odd bit. I read the blog to look for comments about the Fair scenes (none), and found this from "heart211",

"That was sad but Flack put himself in the position he should have just shown them his badge.... but i am glad that Trey or whaterver his name is helped him out.. and i was all shocked that Mac went off on Flack like he did.... But Damn Flack aka Eddie has a nice body....!!!!"

http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/94310.page

A while back I had asked Trey about his name appearing way late in the lingering credits. I guess at least one non PTU viewer must read them. The character's name heart211 mistook was Terrence. That subliminal stuff must work!

Checked if any local stalkers photographed your FMCP shoot. Noting posted. But there are photos of a previous CSI:NY shoot at what looks like the location of the Trump International Hotel, or as I still call it, the Gulf Western bldg, on Columbus Circle .

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/?s=csi%3Any

So I'm wondering if you snuck a shot of the pseudo-Unisphere into that episode while you were there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trump_int1.jpg

Hey XL5...

First of all, our own beloved JOHNNY AT THE FAIR was there in the park with camera in hand when we shot in FMCP-- and here's a link to his photos in case you missed it:

Johnny At The Fair - CSI:NY Pix

Secondly, believe me, nobody hates those little on-screen broadcast promo distractions more than us writer/producers. We slave away for months to write and produce an episode-- only to have ugly mini billboards plastered all over the bottom third of the screen when it airs. <_<

Third, keep your eyes peeled on tonight's (Wednesday's) episode. You'll not only see the final incredible footage we shot in the park-- but yes, you'll even get a glimpse of that wanna-be Unisphere in Columbus Circle-- or as one of the members of our crew called it: THE PUNISPHERE! :P

"PUNIsphere?!" Oh that is perfect! I love it!

Thank you, I had seen Johnny at the Fair's photos posted on PTU. I thought some passersby might have caught the whole bunch of you.

Looking forward to the show tonight!