Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

Images Of Expo 93

I'm working on restoring some slides from Expo 93. Here's a quick look at the first box.

expo93-set-1-contact.jpg

I can't find my guidebook at the moment, so if anyone can put names to the unidentified ones please let me know. Likewise let me know if you want to see any of these at a larger size.

Thanks, Bill.

I'm told that Goldstar is the G in "LG" phones, appliances, TVs, etc. We had a 13" Goldstar color TV in the early 1980s that was one of the best TVs we've ever owned. Just retired it recently. The other fabulous TV we had was a 25" RCA console sold by JC Penny catalog as their own model. 20 years old and perfect when we gave it away around 2000.

Those are great shots of Expo 93, a fair we don't see or hear much of! I'm glad you posted these!

Hi, Photo #7 was part of the international section. It is the only International Building still standing at the site (a great many of the non-international structures from Expo 93 were designed to be permanent and are still there).

Called the "Peace and Friendship Building" in some publications, it was the site of the U.N., Olympic Committe, and (I believe) E.E.C. exhibits.

Photo #012 is most probably the Taejon Pavilion, which has not survived, at least on the site.

And, during the Expo, the Hanbit Tower was called the Tower of Great Light

And I could be wrong about this, but I think on #003, thebuilding on the left is part of the South Pacific Multinational Building - a temporary structure and located next to the building in photo #7

and # 016 is the West Gate entrance