Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

1984 World's Fair Promo From Hilton

I have to say this video changed my opinion on the Louisiana World Exposition. While far from my favorite, it was the first time I had seen an overview of most of the exhibits at the fair. I didn't know this was the first time an Aquacade had ben at a fair since the 1939 NYWF. I'd love to ride the Cyclotower, then relax at the Jazz and music hall. Its funny not hearing Rap or Pop when the Genres were being listed (thats more than fine by me!) Thanks for posting Bill!!

Ironic that one of the pavillions had a simulated hurricane.My ex and I were originally going to spend our honeymoon in New Orleans and the Fair in 1984.The costs to travel were prohibitive so we went to California and Vegas instead.Thanks for posting Bill so I could see what I missed 25 years later

I'm glad that you enjoyed it. New Orleans was nowhere near the scale of NY or other major fairs, but most of the people I have spoken with enjoyed being there. The fair president told me one of his biggest problems was thinking season pass holders might come 6-10 times, but many were 40-50 visits. As he said, "I still had to pick up their trash every time and that's not free." Well, they wouldn't have been coming that often if it was as bad as the press would have made you believe.