Sign in to follow this  
j4sing

CSI NY Episode Written by Trey

Gary Sinise: "You just rough up the edges a little" swipe swipe on the curb and the coin is ready to go! Gotta love Gary Sinise, he makes everything look so easy- be it jumping off a fishing boat with no legs, piloting a LEM, ransoming Mel Gibson's kid,even riding the Mission Space ride at Epcot.(everyone else is either sick or terrified, and there's Sinise on the monitor smiling away).

Seriously, the thing about pennies minted before 1930 weighing the same as a quarter due to the higher copper content...where did you come up with that? I wouldn't try it with one of the newer computerized parking meters!

Ok my Time's Up...I have to give the nice policeman his laptop back now and return to my cell.

Trey, If/when you write the FMCP episode, you can name some of the characters after some of your PTU'rs, as long as you don't cast any of them as the evil ones.. .

Hmmmmmm I bet everyone's imagining their few seconds of fame..

/Nancy

ps- and welcome back to work!! My husband ( Specialbunny's dad) is a union man- I.A.T.S.E. He's been out of the business for a few years and wasn't involved in the last strike on Broadway but with the dwindling respect for unions and contracts, its good to see you managed to win many of your original demands. It's a shame it caused so much hardship for your fellow writers and the peripheral businesses during the strike. Welcome back and we look forward to more of your fine work.

Will definitely do my best on the namesake front, Nancy-- but am constantly vexed in that process by the network's legal clearance policies. Nine out of every ten names I've come up with have had to change under their requirement that ten or more people in the United States must have the same name as your character or it won't fly. Of course it helps that I'll have some of your user names to work with, too. Hmmm... Nancy LeFrak... has a nice ring to it!

Meanwhile, I appreciate your kind words and support regarding the end of the strike. It was a very difficult time for sooooo many people-- I'm just glad we can put it all behind us and finally get back to work with a fair deal.

worldsfairent,

You might be amused to know I've had this button clipped to my computer reading lamp since getting it at the Wolfsonian Museum's 1939 Art Deco exhibit ten years ago.

If anyone likes time travel:

'Time and Again' is a great non-science fictional account of a time traveler's visit to NYC's gaslight era. Author Jack Finney also wrote, 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers', and despite popular insistence, denies any Cold War/McCarthy inferences.

His physical descriptions of the city are compelling as are his details of the everyday concerns and popular diversions of the characters of the period, which don't include pod people.

His short story, 'The Third Level', also concerns time travel into the Grand Central Terminal of the past and would seem eminently plausible to anyone who has wandered through that cathedral of transportation.

"Time and Again" is a great book. I also loved both the 50s and 70s movie versions of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (though I haven't seen the version made in the early 90s or Nicole Kidman's "The Invasion" from last year), but have to admit that I haven't read the book--and in fact didn't even know that Finney wrote it. Thanks for that bit of information xl5er. I'll have to read that and "The Third Level".

Trey,

Your business and latest exploits reminds me of that great novel by Harry Harrison "The Technicolor Time Machine."

Too bad you really don't have one....or do you????

Looking forward to seeing your next works!

Randy.

I already told you all about my time machine once, Randy. But then I traveled back in time to the moment just before I told you and asked you for the time, instead.

Thanks for watching!

For those who have subscriptions to NETFLIX, the entire season 4 of CSI NY is available on instant view this month. I have

"Time's Up" playing right now. Again, excellent story Trey. :D

Thanks for the tip Jason!

And thanks for the PLUG! Our new season starts tomorrow night at 10/9 central-- and my first solo written script of the season will air the following Wednesday, October 1st with a special guest appearance by the Grammy winning and multi-platinum selling pop act MAROON 5. Appreciate you watching and hope you enjoy-- lotta surprises in store for this season!

Maroon 5? Seems like they are really getting around a lot lately. Lots of exposure for them!

Thanks for the heads up...got my DVR set!

Great show Trey. Congratulations! I have to admit that when they said the irradiated book (too bad the radiation couldn't have come from an irradiated dime ;) ), was from the 1930s and was at the NYPL, I was thinking it MIGHT just be the record of the time capsule! Guess that would have been TOO obvious, huh? Anyway, great job!

Hey, thanks very much, Glen-- it means a lot to me that you watched-- and we did very well last night, so I'm doubly pleased. And yes-- I actually had thought of using the Time Capsule book, but ultimately put that idea aside in favor of saving up for the Flushing Meadow / Underground Home episode I'm still trying to get into the pipeline. Stay tuned!

Hi Trey,

Sorry, my DVR was confused by President Bush's impromptu address and subsequent time shift, so the only the first half was recorded along with the 2nd half of Criminal Minds (which was also set in NYC, a nice bonus).

I expect it will be repeat during the upcoming holiday periods so I will keep an eye out for the whole episode.

We look forward to seeing it soon,

Randy.

You know, I used to treat the idea of an Underground House episode of CSI: New York as a bit of a joke (like when people suggest bringing a shovel to PTUs so they can make a visit to it). However, now I'm thinking about how cool it would actually be to see a story about someone who falls to their death in the remains of the house while joging in the park, or about some homeless people accused of murder who manage to find an entrance to the house and live in it undetected by the police searching for them above... The possibilities are, if not endless, at least many! Maybe a new spinoff could be started: "CSI: Underground Home", or "CSI: FMCP" for that matter! :D

"However, now I'm thinking about how cool it would actually be to see a story about someone who falls to their death in the remains of the house while joging in the park, or about some homeless people..."

Pretty good idea! I tend to agree....because I pitched these very ideas to Trey over a year ago! :)

Great minds...of course - that may not translate into great television!

Trey - I missed the episode :( - much going wrong here. I will see if anyone has it copied.

Best,

MB

Thanks for Tivo-ing anyway, Randy-- though it sounds like you're referring to LAST WEEK's episode (which was preempted by the Bush speech) not LAST NIGHT'S episode, which aired at its usual time.

No worries for you or Eric, however-- for as I've said to him-- it's an episode of CSI. It'll air another ten thousand times before we die.

As for you, Glen-- stop spitballing ideas. Based on the story I've already broken-- you're tiptoeing dangerously close to SPOILER territory! :D

Seriously, I continue to appreciate all of your support. And I was particularly pleased to learn today that my episode last night was the #1 most-watched show on network television... over all of our competition... and even our own lead-in, CRIMINAL MINDS. Thanks to all who watched!

I enjoyed the show greatly...glad to hear of your high ratings!

I too am looking forward to the underground home episode....and remember...I am willing to help dig! I would most def. fly out for such an honor.

You know, I used to treat the idea of an Underground House episode of CSI: New York as a bit of a joke (like when people suggest bringing a shovel to PTUs so they can make a visit to it). However, now I'm thinking about how cool it would actually be to see a story about someone who falls to their death in the remains of the house while joging in the park, or about some homeless people accused of murder who manage to find an entrance to the house and live in it undetected by the police searching for them above... The possibilities are, if not endless, at least many! Maybe a new spinoff could be started: "CSI: Underground Home", or "CSI: FMCP" for that matter! :D

How about someone out for an evening stroll, suddenly hears Bach's Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor coming up out of a storm sewer.........

You guys are awesome. :)

Just wrapped principal photography today on my latest episode (#10 of this season). Entitled THE TRIANGLE, it centers on an urban legend about a mysterious phenomenon connected to the Empire State Building known as the Electronic Bermuda Triangle. It was a lot of work-- but also a lot of fun-- and I hope you'll all be pleased with the end result when it airs December 10th.

Meanwhile, yes, I am still very much dedicated to setting one of our future episodes in FMCP. So keep those Underground Home shovels sharpened and stay tuned!

-Trey

That Empire State Building story sounds VERY interesting Trey. Looking forward to seeing that one! And it's a bit surprising to think that you JUST finished principle photography on an episode that will be the tenth of the season. Doesn't give a lot of time to put everything together (or to catch a breath between episodes for that matter). I guess it shows how hectic television series work can be!

And, don't worry, I'll stop guessing about the Underground Home episode and just wait (impatiently) for it to come out! I have a feeling that episode is very much going to be MUST see TV for everyone here at the board!

Ironic that Trey brought up the ESB electronic Bermuda Triangle.

When I was in NYC this summer, I was walking past the ESB with my handheld GPS and happened to take a look at it.

It showed my location as.....Bermuda! Oooooweeeee!