Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Cates

open house new york at QMA

Just a reminder about the OHNY event at QMA this weekend. This is from the (open house new york) website <a href="http://www.ohny.org/programs/programs.cfm" target="_blank">OHNY</a>;

World's Fair Architecture Walking Tour

New York City Building , Flushing Meadows Corona Park Flushing

program name: OHNY tours

program type: Architecture/Design

borough: Queens

neighborhood: Flushing Meadows and Corona Park

event date: Oct 7, 2006

hours: 1 pm to 3 pm

Join architectural historian John Kriskiewicz on a walking tour of the architecture from the 1939 and 1964/1965 World's Fairs, including the Unisphere, New York hall of Science, New York State Pavilion and Terrace on the Park. Organized by the Queens Museum of Art.

logisitical meeting information: Meet at the Queens Museum of Art Information Desk

program status: available

The event is free.

We are screening at QMA on Sunday at 1PM and would love it if anybody could make it out. Hopefully we haven't completely worn everybody out on these screenings and it would be great to see some familiar faces. Drop us a line if you want on guest list. mailto:info@bbqproductions.com

We think we may have jumped the last hurdle on clearances and are looking for a December release.

Thanks again for everybody's patient support and hope to see you this weekend. The walking tour s/b great. John is amazing!

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We think we may have jumped the last hurdle on clearances and are looking for a December release.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hip Hip Yippee!

Hip Hip Yippee!

Way to go, BBQ-ites!!

We think we may have jumped the last hurdle on clearances and are looking for a December release.

Just in time for a west coast debut at our annual December SiLA get together. Woo hoo! Of course we'll need Curtis and Terri in person to introduce beforehand, get a standing ovation afterward, etc.

Just in time for a west coast debut at our annual December SiLA get together. Woo hoo! Of course we'll need Curtis and Terri in person to introduce beforehand, get a standing ovation afterward, etc.

you can't imagine how much we would enjoy that....forget the standing ovation part, but the company and fun of watching the film with you guys sure would be cool! and making new friends.......

c and t

ptu

the place to be

Jess, your boyfriend didn't tell you he already has a copy?

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->[Oh darn, he's probably intending it as a Christmas gift and here I blew it!]<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Well, as long as I've already spilled the beans, march up to him and demand your DVD right now! And don't take "I don't know what you're talking about" sitting down.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->March up to him and demand your DVD right now!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And while you're at it, Bunny... make sure he tells you exactly what its value is in the collector's market!

I'm puttin' mine on ebay right now, before the competition gets wind of the news!

I told 'em they'd be famous, but they didn't believe me.....

We've made some amazing friends....really amazing, met incredible people, learned so much about a subject that you can never learn everything about, fell in love with a great big Fair, did the best job we could to preserve the legacies of some of the people that put their heart and soul into planning and buiding that Fair....the emotional currency we earned is priceless.....our autograph....i guess it goes back to the that and $2.00 would get you on the number 7 train.

We had an amazing day today on our walking tour of the park. John was fantastic and we had a good showing. The weather was amazing....all that and no aforementioned 7 train! Made lots of new friends. Gee, I grew up thinking the Lubbock County Fair was amazing!

Curtis

Hello.

I come so very late to all of this: please forgive me.

I was wondering if there was any news about a DVD, or further showings, of the film. Lawyers still circling? Chum all round?

I'd really love to see this film.

We've made some amazing friends....really amazing, met incredible people, learned so much about a subject that you can never learn everything about, fell in love with a great big Fair, did the best job we could to preserve the legacies of some of the people that put their heart and soul into planning and buiding that Fair....the emotional currency we earned is priceless.....our autograph....i guess it goes back to the that and $2.00 would get you on the number 7 train.

We had an amazing day today on our walking tour of the park. John was fantastic and we had a good showing. The weather was amazing....all that and no aforementioned 7 train! Made lots of new friends. Gee, I grew up thinking the Lubbock County Fair was amazing!

Curtis

Hey Curtis!

Funny - I grew up wishing I could go to the Lubbock County Fair one day - you know it! Rave on!

Would you believe I just found this board? Oh well - better late than never! Congrats to you and Terri as the big day approaches. This project defines the phrase "labor of love," and I'm sure you guys are thrilled to see your labor soon evolve into a glorious birth...and twin DVDs, no less! I don't know many people who would have had the level of committment and energy that you have shown to your work all these years. Dare I say - Best Documentary Oscar? Maybe quality and artistry will triumph one day.

I have been so bummed about the new stadium that The Mets will play in being built (I can't bring myself to type, or even say the name...). I can't wait for the new theme song, "Meet the Mets, Greet the Mets - step right up and get a great rate on a 6-month Certificate of Deposit! La la la!!!"

How about you and Terri doing a documentary about Shea Stadium before it becomes...sniff, sniff, sniff...rubble??

You guys are the best! Put me down for about a half-dozen autographed copies before you get writer's cramps, will ya???

All the best,

Harriet