Bill Cotter

Latest updates to WorldsFairPhotos.com

April 5, 2011

• Expo 88: Started a

new section for this fair, including a site map and the large World Expo 88 Information Manual.

• Portopia '81: Started a

new section for this fair.

• Interama: Started a

new section on this failed international business showcase planned for Miami.

• Spokane 1974: Began expansion on the

1974 World's Fair section.

May 4, 2011

Thanks once again to Kevin for scanning these items from my files! He has been doing a great job in helping get this stuff online. Cue the applause!

July 3, 2011

• 1962 Seattle: Added CD #11-14 to the Photos on CD page.

• Theme Parks: Added Vintage CD #4-6 to the Walt Disney World page.

July 1, 2011

• 1962 Seattle: Added more information to Newspaper and Magazine Articles.

June 28, 2011

• Expo 67: Added information on "Private Pavilions" to the Documents page.

June 26, 2011

• 1962 Seattle: Added a new section on Newspaper and Magazine Articles.

June 23, 2011

• Updated the "Past Projects" page.

June 15, 2011

• Expo 67: Added a new section featuring Press Releases from Expo 67 and Man and His World.

June 13, 2011

• 1964-65 New York: Added additional articles to the Magazines and Newspapers page.

Track the progress of the New England States Pavilion through Progress Report #1 and #2 at http://www.worldsfai...new-england.htm. And check out page 3 of Report #2 - seems there was a Treadway involved in the design. Any relation, Randy?

Does anyone know if there were any other progress reports besides these two?

For 1982 Knoxville fans, there are several magazine articles and a "Deluxe Pictorial Souvenir" booklet added to http://www.worldsfai...lle82/index.htm. Thanks much to Kevin Carsh for scanning these for me!

Here are all of the latest updates - looks like I forgot to add some to this thread earlier.

August 6, 2011

• 1964 New York: Added Progress Reports #1 & #2 to the New England States Pavilion page.

• 1982 Knoxville: Added additional news stories and booklets to the main page.

July 20, 2011

• Expo 67: Added 1978 press releases to the Documents page.

• Expo 67: Added information on the 1978 season to the Man and His World page.

July 15, 2011

• 1964 New York: Added six more hours of original background music from the fair to the Audio and Video page. Please let me know if you can identify any of the unnamed songs on the page.

July 12, 2011

• 1964 New York: Added information on the Venezuela Pavilion to the list of Changes During the Fair.

July 9, 2011

• 1982 Knoxville: Added start of information section to the Index page.

Track the progress of the New England States Pavilion through Progress Report #1 and #2 at http://www.worldsfai...new-england.htm. And check out page 3 of Report #2 - seems there was a Treadway involved in the design. Any relation, Randy?

If they did an outstanding job--- definitely.

If they did a lousy job-- never heard of 'em ! :)

Thanks for adding the titles, been puzzled about several of those.

1964 New York: Added 1965 fact sheet and employee newsletters to the

Bell System page.

I think the employee newsletters are particularly fascinating - I hope you enjoy them!

Just started reading the Aug 2, 1965 news letter and noticed the year-to-date attendance of 3.6 million. While that's a lot, it's also just a third of total fairgoers. I think this is true of most (all) exhibits, that less than 50% of admissions visit a particular exhibit. Personally , I couldn't imagine going to the Fair without hitting all the majors. So, is this a real discrepancy, or does it have something to do with repeat attendance?

Lovely postcards, Bill. :) Thanks for adding.