Sign in to follow this  
Ray in Pasadena

Parting Words

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->whose show always closed with a big kiss thrown to the audience while voicing the word Mwah ?

THE DATING GAME<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, but producer Chuck Barris was a copycat.

Somebody else wrote the book on the Mwah Kiss.

Finish this classic closing: the host faced the camera and reminded the home viewers "Don't be surprised if someone comes up to you and says, ..............?????????"

What game show always closed with ""May all your consequences be happy ones"

What variety show always ended with "Till then, to put a little fun in your life, try dancing"

What variety show host started his show by asking his bandleader for "a little traveling music", and then exclaimed "And Awa-a-a-y We Go!"

(the latter is chiseled on his tombstone!)

Who always ended his show with "Bless your pea-pickin' hearts"

What comedienne always ended her show by telling her studio audience to "Go Home!"

What comedienne always ended her show by saying "Goodnight" and then tugging on her left earlobe?

By the way, I made a mistake about Sha-Na-Na. Although they always did a closing number 'Good-night Sweet-heart Good-Night", they then always asked the audience to do something "for Peace". What did they ask the audience to do for Peace?

>>Dianh Shore (See the USA in your Chevrolet....America's the greatest land of all! Mwah!

Finish this classic closing: the host faced the camera and reminded the home viewers "Don't be surprised if someone comes up to you and says, ..............?????????"

...You're on Candid Camera????

What game show always closed with ""May all your consequences by happy ones"

>> Truth or Consequences ?

What variety show always ended with "Till then, to put a little fun in your life, try dancing"

>>Arhur Murray's Dance Party

What variety show host started his show by asking his bandleader for "a little traveling music", and then exclaimed "And Awa-a-a-y We Go!"

>> Jackie Gleason

>> Tennessee Ernie Ford

What comedienne always ended her show by telling her studio audience to "Go Home!"

????

What comedienne always ended her show by saying "Goodnight" and then tugging on her left earlobe?

>> Carol Bernett

By the way, I made a mistake about Sha-Na-Na. Although they always did a closing number 'Good-night Sweet-heart Good-Night", they then always asked the audience to do something "for Peace". What did they ask the audience to do for Peace?

??

---- You're on Candid Camera

What game show always closed with ""May all your consequences by happy ones"

------ Truth or Consequences with Ralph Edwards

----- Arthur and Kathryn Murray

----- Jackie Gleason

---- Arthur Godfrey??

------ Nobody I know!

----Carol Burnett

----- Pray

What weekly drama always ended with the star being zapped into a new time travel destination (into somebody's body), looking at himself in a mirror, and exclaiming 'Uh-oh!"

Here's a funny unlikely what-if:

Walter Cronkite's sign-off if he'd been on MTV instead of CBS: “Cronkite… out!”

Okay, a few answers:

Tracey Ullman

Sha-Na-Na: Although they always did a closing number 'Good-night Sweet-heart Good-Night", they then always asked the audience to do something "for Peace". What did they ask the audience to do for Peace?

Grease for Peace

What weekly drama always ended with the star being zapped into a new time travel destination (into somebody's body), looking at himself in a mirror, and exclaiming 'Uh-oh!"

Quantum Leap

What was the one exclusive brand of fruitcake sold at the New York World's Fair?

That would be Claxton Fruit Cake (from down Georgia way)- and if I recall right from checking a couple of years ago, they're still in business! They were in the BLC I think, but I've never seen any photos of their BLC exhibit. Their World's Fair postcards showed fruitcakes and their factory down in Georgia.

AND THE ANSWERS ARE........

More Trivia... Who said "Im a baaaaaaad boy!"

Lou Costello (Colgate Comedy Hour)

Who said: "It's a joke, son!"

Senator Claghorn, played by Kenny Delmar on the Fred Allen Radio Show.

Who was Titus Moody?

Parker Fennelly, the Down Maine farmer on Fred Allen's "Allen's Alley". Later he was the spokesman for Pepperidge Farms Bakery.

Who said: "Write if you get work"?

Ray Goulding (the Bob and Ray Show...NBC radio)

Who sang: "Ya gotta start off each day wid a song"?

Jimmy Durante (Colgate Comedy Hour)

Who launched 4 minutes of audience laugher by saying; "I'm thinking....I'm thinking!!"

Jack Benny

What was the job held by The Great Gildersleeve?

He was the City Water Commissioner (Played by Harold Peary)

Who was Lee Aubrey "Speed" Riggs?

Tobacco auctioneer in the Lucky Strike commercials (Jack Benny Program)

A few more parting words for consideration-

"Th-uh-th-uh-That's all folks!"

"Same bat time. Same bat channel!"

"Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company..."

"Hi-Yo, Silver Away!"

"Toodles"

"What kind of day was it? A day like all days, filled with those events that alter and illuminate our times. And you were there."

"The names were changed to protect the innocent...."

"On [date], trial was held in Department xxx of Superior Court of the County of Los Angeles. In a moment, the results of that trial" (always followed by thugs in a lineup looking villainous, with superimposed words saying '5-10 years for bunko', etc.)

clue: both of the above are the same TV program!

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE THEME SONG THAT OPENS EVERY "LOONEY TUNES"?

I can hum it or whistle it.

You mean it has words?

Okay, I cheated and looked it up:

"The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down" introduced the Looney Tunes cartoon series; "Merrily We Roll Along" started the Merrie Melodies cartoons.

Answers:

"Th-uh-th-uh-That's all folks!"

Looney Tunes cartoons, as enunciated by Porky Pig.

"Same bat time. Same bat channel!"

Batman TV show- 1960's live-action version.

"Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company..."

Mickey Mouse Club, 1950's version.

"Hi-Yo, Silver Away!"

The Lone Ranger

"Toodles"

Gidget. By the way, linguistic origins experts are uncertain of the origins of 'Toodles' to say goodbye, but one British expert points to it as a likely shorthand of 'too-da-loo!', which he thinks may be a derivative meaning 'I'm off to the loo!'.

Frankly, I kind of doubt it. Toodles sounds distinctly American to me. A Betty Boop kind of thing. There's a lady at work who says 'Toodles!' whenever she's leaving from talking to a woman or hanging up the phone after a phone conversation with a woman, but she never says it to a man. I admit it bugs me. I want to scream 'get a life!'

"What kind of day was it? A day like all days, filled with those events that alter and illuminate our times. And you were there."

You Are There, hosted by Walter Cronkite.

"The names were changed to protect the innocent...."

"On [date], trial was held in Department xxx of Superior Court of the County of Los Angeles. In a moment, the results of that trial" (always followed by thugs in a lineup looking villainous, with superimposed words saying '5-10 years for bunko', etc.)

clue: both of the above are the same TV program!

Dragnet, the Jack Webb classic.

Randy, I knew all of the answers to that last group, but fell asleep at the PC last night before I could reply. All of this has strained the brain to reach into those little memory packets stored there, asleep for 40 or more years.

Ray

All I know on radio is whose signature line this is:

"where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average."

I never gave the answer to this one (you all probably already know it):

Garrison Keillor on The Prairie Home Companion radio show. He's referring to the state of Minnesota, where the broadcast originates.