Sign in to follow this  
Mary Ellen

Anyone going to the Rocket Park Rededication?

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->Thank you very much for sharing these photos.

I truly wish I could have attended the event. I, however, got some sense of what the event was like through your shared photos.

Thank you again.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Cronkite & Young did not speak at the press conference. There was a private lunch that they were at. Perhaps they spoke there. Although Mr. Friedman mentioned the NYWF several times the presentation was more about the HOS.

However, very enjoyable. The usual suspects (including myself) were present. The park looks great. But when you look at the photos of the 64 exhibit. It is a mere shadow of its former self.

NEWSDAY article on the festivities:

<a href="http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/ny-bc-ny--rocketpark0930sep30,0,7996734.story?coll=ny-ap-regional-wire" target="_blank">http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/ny-...p-regional-wire</a>

Great photos! Really great. There was a panel discussion at the luncheon with Morley Safer moderating. Walter Cronkite, Ellen Baker and John Young were the panelists. It was great. Cronkite and Young told some great stories. Cronkite said he actually was in training to be the first news correspondent in space but then Lyndon Johnson made an off the cuff remark that we should put a teacher in space.

Curtis and Terri

Im going to the new Wing opening reception next week with my newslady friend I met last time

Anyone else attending ? ?

-Joe