Bill Cotter

And now for something completely different

I'll go set all my DV Recorders and VCR's right now!

You can figure "Beautiful Downtown" Burbank will be about two thirds into the broadcast, right after Rancho Cucamonga. Set your Tivo to take the Slausen cutoff, and then (the Johnny Carson punch line........)

180px-Johnnyteresa2.jpg

".....cut off your Slausen" ?

From my wanderings around LA, I found Burbank far from the image portrayed on TV.

Lots of good movie business stuff there.

Want to see the Rose Parade from the sold-out area where all tv crews are? I have two extra tickets that I had bought for my parents before my dad was taken ill. Please let me know if anyone wants to join us - we can talk about the Fair while we're waiting for the parade to start! Offered at face value of $85 each - let me know if you have any questions.

rose-parade-map.jpg

rose-parade.jpg

Bill

ps - you can check out the float progress at http://www.burbankrosefloat.com

Here's a sneak preview of the float, taken very early this morning while we were waiting for the judges to arrive:

rose-parade-12-31-07.jpg

It's almost done now - finally. Luckily no rain in the forecast but we're having some nasty winds, so we'll see how good the glue is.

My wife and I are supposed to be interviewd on KLTA around 7:30 AM tomorrow in case any of the Los Angeles crowd care to tune in. Of course, with the craziness of an event like this, anything can happen...

Bill

Well, as a person of German persuasion, I say BRAVO!!

The man sitting at the table is awesomely authentic, but I never saw a squirrel play an Alpenhorn!

What's the story on the Octoberfest theme?

The overall parade theme is "Passport to the World's Celebrations", so we decided Oktoberfest was a good holiday to salute. My having been at several of these in Germany may have led to my delusion that squirrels could play the alpenstock, or perhaps it was pink elephants...

In any event, I always though they were fun celebrations, and something people would hopefully recognize, so we'll see tomorrow how it all turns out! Off for some sleep now, have to get up way too early.

Bill

Pippie Longstocking there has biceps that are bigger than her......well, they're incredibly big anyway. Must be from years of lifting those steins a dozen at a time.

Now that I look closer- she doesn't bother with little steins, she's tossing a beer barrel up in the air. Don't want to argue with that woman!

Well, they just interviewed Bill's wife Carol, but no Bill! Maybe Bill was inside the float pulling all the control levers.

Thumbs up, Bill & Carol!

We're watching and proud of you, Bill and Carol! And the Founder's Trophy, no less!

We just got home from the parade and saw the interview. They only had time for two people so they picked the photogenic Cotter. Carol was thrilled to meet the interviewer, Ross King, who was a very nice guy indeed. She did far more work on this years float than I did, as she was in charge of all of the decorations, so it made sense to yield to her. Thanks for all of the kind words. We had a lot of fun doing this float - and now it's time to start coming with ideas to see if we can get a third!

Right now though I think Carol would scream if I brought some flowers home for her.

Bill

I had the pleasure of being one of the designers of the City of Burbank float in the Rose Parade for 2005 and 2008. I just got home from the meeting to pick the design for the 2014 float. Anyone care to guess who won?

I'll post the design as soon as they give the OK to do so.