Sign in to follow this  
Randy Treadway

Dinkelacker Beer Garden

Started a new topic, to discuss how the Dinkelacker Beer Garden came to be at the World's Fair...since we now have a relative of the Garden's owner with us

http://www.peacethroughunderstanding.org/index.php?showtopic=3503&hl=

Surely you must have noticed these cool cats somewhere in the vicinity of the time capsule display?

the Happy Mountain Trio who performed in the Dinkelacker Beer Garden at the New York World's Fair in 1964-65. This is an original postcard published in the 1960s by Gruber Photos of Queens Village

2814-C_The_Happy_Mountain_Trio.jpg

Randy

We now have a couple of slides showing the musical performance at the Dinkelacker Beer Garden, but I have to say- I think the boys in the band aged a bit!

65-09-34-05_Dinkelacker_Beer_Garden.jpg

65-09-34-04_Dinkelacker_Beer_Garden.jpg

Would you go to a World's Fair beer garden to get your tall cold one in a can?

The name on the can may be apropos ("those Americans, they drink their beer out of cans- can you believe it?- no sense wasting the good stuff- send the Yanks our runoff waste!")

beer_can.jpg

Don't worry, I doubt they served up their World's Fair refreshment in cans.... But this can is vintage mid-60's.

I've picked up a couple of other Dinkelacker World's Fair souvenirs since this thread started three years ago....

ashtray

Dinkelacker_ashtray.jpgDinkelacker_ashtray_-_bottom.jpg

original wood laminated menu that was mounted in each of the tables at the Beer Garden (see photos above and you can spot them)

wood_table_menu.jpg