Sign in to follow this  
Randy Treadway

Dinkelacker Beer Garden

No brave soul willing to step up and pinpoint the location?

Surely you must have noticed these cool cats somewhere in the vicinity of the time capsule display?

the Happy Mountain Trio who performed in the Dinkelacker Beer Garden at the New York World's Fair in 1964-65. This is an original postcard published in the 1960s by Gruber Photos of Queens Village

2814-C_The_Happy_Mountain_Trio.jpg

Randy

Brekina has recently issued a set of toy 1964 delivery vehicles, to commemorate the introduction of Dinkelacker Beer to the United States for the first time at their Beer Garden at the New York World's Fair...

Brekina__gelb_kl.jpg

Randy,

Do you have a stock number for the Brekina set?

Does it reference the NYWF on the toy cars or carton?

Thanks,

Randy.

I don't have a larger scan. From a reference I'd seen earlier, I think this may be a picture of their "home" brewery in Stuttgart- the hill in the background looks the same shape-

gesch03_kl.jpg

Randy,

Do you have a stock number for the Brekina set?

Does it reference the NYWF on the toy cars or carton?

Thanks,

Randy.

I don't have the set, so I'm not sure about the markings.

But it's shown on this web page with a label "Weltausstellung 1964/65".

<a href="http://www.scalecar.de/1_87_Special/Sets/sets.html" target="_blank">http://www.scalecar.de/1_87_Special/Sets/sets.html</a>

Uh oh - I see the "Chicken Dance" coming on!

<a href="http://users.redrivernet.com/spacechicken/Dance.html" target="_blank">http://users.redrivernet.com/spacechicken/Dance.html</a>

My translator says:

" World exhibition in 1964/65 "

from Brekina

By the way, have you MET my translator?

I use this all the time... and it seems to be pretty darned good, too!

<a href="http://www.reverso.net/textonly/default.asp" target="_blank">http://www.reverso.net/textonly/default.asp</a>

Brekina has recently issued a set of toy 1964 delivery vehicles, to commemorate the introduction of Dinkelacker Beer to the United States for the first time at their Beer Garden at the New York World's Fair...

Brekina__gelb_kl.jpg

I found a source for these, who will ship from Germany.

The set costs 24.95 Euros, but unfortunately the shipping is 12.30 Euros.

Right now a Euro is about $1.18.

However the seller says if you order more than one set in a single order, you can save on shipping.

Is anybody here interested to "go in with me" to place an order?

Who all wants a set?

Lambertus?

Post here, or e-mail me at mailto:koala@earthlink.net

Randy

Sure, what the heck. These will go well with my one Corgi 1939 and two 1964 model busses.

Count me in Randy,

The Other Randy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I don't have a larger scan. From a reference I'd seen earlier, I think this may be a picture of their "home" brewery in Stuttgart- the hill in the background looks the same shape-

gesch03_kl.jpg

I received a confirmation from a fellow in Germany that the coaster does indeed depict the Dinkelacker Brewery in Stuttgart.

Randy

I found a source for these, who will ship from Germany.

The set costs 24.95 Euros, but unfortunately the shipping is 12.30 Euros.

Right now a Euro is about $1.18.

However the seller says if you order more than one set in a single order, you can save on shipping.

Is anybody here interested to "go in with me" to place an order?

Who all wants a set?

Lambertus?

Post here, or e-mail me at mailto:koala@earthlink.net

Randy

Last call on the Dinkelacker truck set. If you want a set along with "AMF" Lambertus and myself, let me know by the end of the day- I'm gonna send in the order.

Thanks!

Randy

Today I received the two Brekina toy truck sets which I ordered from Germany for AMF-Randy and myself.

They're pretty good!

A picture of the front of the box was shared earlier in this thread.

Now that I can see the back of the box, it has some interesting color photographs of the original trucks which these were modeled on, in New York at the World's Fair.

DinkelackerBus.jpg

This thread began with a question as to where the Dinkelacker Beer Garden was located. Well, I found the answer - Bourbon Street,as Doug suggested. Here's a view from a postcard from the importer:

Dinkelacker_Beer_Garden.jpg

Cool postcard Bill. I had looked closely at the same photo Hoodlock pointed out, and ruled that out as the location. Things certainly changed over time didn't they?!

Looking closely at Bill's postcard- that looks like the Happy Mountain Trio in their lederhosen performing (see other postcard earlier in this thread).

Randy

No performers on the card, just frauleins carrying two steins in each hand - which is sort of a performance in it's own right. Those big steins get heavy, but at Oktoberfest in Munich they carry 4 at a time. I wouldn't want to arm wrestle any of those waitresses!

Here's a matchbook from Dinkelacker circa 1965...

DinkelackerMatchbook.jpg

Note that it uses the same photo as shown on the back of the recently issued Brekina toy truck commemorative set (earlier in this thread).

Randy