Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

Looks like a nice night for the fireworks

Nighttime.  Fair.  Fireworks.  Fountains.

You really don't have to say anything else.

• Like 1

Precursor to Epocts's "Illuminations". Of course the whole fair was a precursor to Epcot.

Working the 3 to midnight shift driving, and delivering the tour into the mike, in my open air Glide-a-Ride on "Tour A"  i experienced that almost every night the summer of '64.  Kids from my school days sometimes saw me and said hello, kids I never saw again. Of course i didn't appreciate the wonder of it at the time, but looking back 55 years...I remember those balmy summer nights, the colorful illumination everywhere, the fireworks, the happy crowds (NYC was very different then)...'65 wasn't the same. I voluntarily switched to the Greyhound rapid transit bus.  They didn't want me to switch either.  It was a stoopid move.

I kept my commercial passenger bus drivers license, both in NY and AZ, up until about ten years ago, tho I never used it except for driving a school bus part time some weekends, along with driving a yellow cab on the night shift, when I was in college Jan 67 to Jan 70. I was actually going to use it driving a tour bus through the Navajo and Hopi indian reservations in northern Arizona, for the Navahopi bus company in Flagstaff, but they went out of business right before I was supposed to start (maybe they heard about my crashing into dumpsters at the fair and decided they better quit while they're ahead...I had retired from my peace officer job in NY and moved west in Nov 1996).