I've heard or maybe saw online someplace that one can walk around the park and see where parts of the monorail supports used to be? I've been looking so hard but I have yet to see them.. However going last Saturday to the park for the Night market event I took a picture of a old light fixture with redone panels.

Yes, evidence was visible along the monorail route (around 10 years ago?). Currently cannot get to the computer that has pictures, so not sure if I'm recalling correctly whether it was in the narrow grass islands or in the sidewalk.  Red arrow shows example of possible location.

partial monorail route.jpg

The monorail only went around the amusement area. It was a round trip only, with one station. Many here have lamented that, as it could have been a real, useful transport facility if it had crossed the whole fairgrounds. 

http://nywf64.com/amfmap.shtml

42 minutes ago, waynebretl said:

The monorail only went around the amusement area. It was a round trip only, with one station. Many here have lamented that, as it could have been a real, useful transport facility if it had crossed the whole fairgrounds. 

http://nywf64.com/amfmap.shtml

Nice I will look into this the next time I go.

All, having gone to park many times there are at least 5 cement pads popping through the marshy ground, in many cases lifting up roadways and sidewalk constructed above and around them. This part of the park is always flooded and is sinking so these pads are now rising as are a few other building foundations.

Here are some shots taken in June 2008 of the monorail route

P6225129.JPG

P6225127.JPG

P6225128.JPG