Sign in to follow this  
Steve_Frey

Twelve figures for the US Royal tire toy

I have read a few posts from folks questioning how many figures came with the US Royal Ferris wheel toy. Question no more, it was 12. Notice there are only 3 different adults and 3 different children. 

Pretty much impossible to find original replacements, but they are HO train gauge, so it is easy enough to go crazy with them.

On a side note... when I bought my toy off eBay, the seller didn't notice it, but there was one of the lady figures wedged into one of the spaces on the underside of the base. The figure was bent, but I was able to drop her into some hot water for a few minutes, straighten it out, and let it cool into its proper shape. Yay me!

12.jpg

so...does the "Dad" have a deformed, huge hand or is he supposed to holding a hat?

Good deal! Always liked that, hate to call it a “toy.”

Are the figures meant to be put in the buckets, as ride passengers, or around the base?

58 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

so...does the "Dad" have a deformed, huge hand or is he supposed to holding a hat?

He's just happy to see you.

Actually, the other dad seems to be holding a brief case? If you look at HO train figures, a lot of them are carrying luggage.

I am pretty sure Ideal Toy made train stuff. I wonder if this strip of figures came from a train figure set?

40 minutes ago, xl5er said:

Good deal! Always liked that, hate to call it a “toy.”

Are the figures meant to be put in the buckets, as ride passengers, or around the base?

They will definitely fit inside the buckets, so you can do whatever you want with them. The company called it a toy, but maybe we could call it the Giant Tire action set!

s-l1600[1].jpg

Okay, I've convinced myself that the figures where HO train figures. According to Wikipedia (who is never wrong) "Ideal had a hobby division in the 1950s, but shifted from that to games in 1962."

That would have been about the time US Rubber would have needed to start the process of getting a deal lined up, and start the design process. It would also account for the scale.

So what is harder to find? 1960 Ideal HO train figures, or 1964 Ideal Ferris wheel figures?

It might be easier to find a color photo of Bigfoot, fishing for Nessy from the back of a unicorn.

s-l1600[1].jpg