Sign in to follow this  
blueexpo

Queues and Lines at Expo Astana 2017

Would be nice to hear from those who are attending the 2017 Astana Expo, what kind of waiting times they are experiencing. There were long lines for 2010 Shanghai Expo and 2012 Yeosu Expo. No more than 15 minutes for any line at 2015 Milan Expo (UAE was the exception with around 20 to 30 minutes), and 2016 Antalya Expo didn't have any lines (other than for the Turkcell tower which took about 20 or so minutes). 

blueexpo, what time of year did you attend Expo 2015?  I went the second week and experienced as you did; most pavilions you could just walk right in.  I had friends who visited later and said it was quite different.

I was at the 2015 Milan World Expo from May 1 to May 6.  That would be the 1st week. I guess I was lucky then. For the 2010 Shanghai World Expo, I went on R May 6, F May 7, and A May 8 - and the lines were much longer than Milan (the line for the China pavilion was horrendous, that's if you were lucky enough to get one of the few tickets to go there). Interestingly, even though the lines were quite long for the Shanghai Expo when I was there, I heard it got much worse later. In fact, there is a bar graph chart that I saw somewhere on the web which showed that the time I went to see the Shanghai Expo didn't have as much long lines. I can't imagine how much worse it would have gotten later. I avoided the Saudi Arabia pavilion there, because I heard the lines were like 8 or 9 hours something like that. Interestingly, I have heard that pavilion is one of the better ones at the Astana Expo. For the 2012 Yeosu International Expo, I went towards the very end. The line for getting into the aquarium, I have heard was like 8 hours. 

I would also be interested to get an update on the lines in Astana. I have budgeted 3 days for the Expo, but if lines aren't bad would like to get through in 2-2.5 days so we can have a bit more time to explore the city itself.

I found the lines at Milan (in late May) to be pretty bad, and those at Yeosu (early July) to be awful, and very pushy. However, attendance estimates for Astana are around 1/3 of Yeosu's I believe. All things equal that should bode well. for not standing around all day.

Lines are not going to be an issue for the most part, other than a very few exceptions. The solar ride on the 6th floor of the sphere is about a 30 minute wait. The Korean pavilion had a wait too .. maybe around that amount of time. Other than that most places you are able to just walk in, or within 5 to 10 minutes tops.  Security lines at the entrance of the expo are quick too .. over in a few minutes. The lines are not insane like at the Shanghai Expo (where some people had to wait 4 hours to get in the China pavilion, that is if you are lucky enough to get a ticket for it first thing in the morning .. compare that with only 5 minutes to get in the KZ pavilion at the Expo; or the 9 hour line for the Saudi Arabia pavilion at the Shanghai Expo; or the 8 hour aquarium line at the Yeosu Expo). 

way of the future: I would increase the number of days from 3 to 4, rather than downgrade it from 3 to 2.  Keep it at 3 .. don't lower it, otherwise you will miss out on some good stuff.

As the fair is much busier after noon the queues for even Korea and the sphere are quite short early on For us just 10 mins for both Korea and for the sphere

• Like 1