Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wf256

The 'Hive' has a new home

4 posts in this topic

The UK pavilion from Expo 2015 will have (opening 18 June 2016) a new home at Kew Gardens London (www.kew.org/visit-kew-gardens/explore/attractions/hive)

Kew already has a remnant of a Japanese Gateway from an earlier (colonial) fair (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kew_Gardens#Ornamental_buildings)

So I'll be able to see 2 remnants in a single trip. And for me the first remnant that I will see from a fair that I actually attended

Thanks for the update.  I'm so happy to see that the Hive will have a permanent home.  It certainly was one of the more outstanding features of Expo 2015.

1 person likes this

I went to see this a couple of weeks ago - and it was lovely. It's different from when at the expo as there's no queuing area with the yellow walls with peep holes, nor the hexagonal garden leading to it. You just wonder in at the ground level or take a sloped path upto the second level (no lift). Though there are still pillar with audio that you access by stiking a small stick into a hole and holding with your teeth.

As the CNN article from @gary_h mentions it's connected to bee hives in the park - and as we went on a hot sunny day (not that common in London) it was very very loud. Very nice, and very popular.

Although the less good thing I spotted was that it's only open until November this year.