• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 expo1853

expo1853

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

This is an odd request, but does anyone know of any kind of souvenir, collectible from world's fairs that might be interactive? I know some people looking for something like that. something they could put on display and let others get involved with it.

#2 Doug Seed

Doug Seed

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

Dr. Lori Walters, of the University of Central Florida has an on-going project of creating a virtual world's fair tour in 3D. I don't know the current condition or extent of the project, but here's a Youtube of it in its early stages. (Narrated by our own Ray Dashner in his original 1964 recordings)

Here's one that you can put on display and they can do hands-on... the WF jigsaw puzzles! :rolleyes:

Attached File  HwfPuzzleMIBC_lg.jpeg   1.77MB   11 downloads

#3 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,872 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:20 AM

Lori. any updates on the project?

#4 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,397 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

I visited the lab at UCF the last week of August and got an update including some demos. Coming along well.

There is a nice 3-D interactive on the 1900 Paris Expo too--- I saw it on the web back a year or two ago. It's not from UCF-- somebody else did it.

#5 magikbilly

magikbilly

Radioactive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

Hi there,

There are also the Virtual bits in here from various skilled members of the 1939 NYWF and others.

Best wishes,
Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users