Sign in to follow this  
Themepark Nut

HemisFair '68 Tour: Modern Design, Cultural History

Howdy Everyone:

On October 8th the Mid-Texas chapter of DoCoMoMo will be hosting a walking tour of HemisFair Park. I am participating in the event with a table display located inside the Women's Pavilion showcasing a few dozen items from my growing collection.

Here is the link to the tour blog: http://midtexasmod.blogspot.com/2011/09/hemisfair-68-modern-design-and-cultural.html

Chris Medina

www.worldsfair68.info

Howdy Everyone:

On October 8th the Mid-Texas chapter of DoCoMoMo will be hosting a walking tour of HemisFair Park. I am participating in the event with a table display located inside the Women's Pavilion showcasing a few dozen items from my growing collection.

Here is the link to the tour blog: http://midtexasmod.b...d-cultural.html

Chris Medina

www.worldsfair68.info

Howdy back.

How did the event go?

The event went well I had a two table exhibit in the Schultze house across from the USA Pavilion. About 45 people were on the guided tour. Along with myself Mr. William Sinkin (first president of San Antonio Fair, Inc.)was on hand to talk about Hemisfair, we both arrived early and got to sit and talk about the Fair for about an hour before the tour arrived. Hope to have some pics up shortly :)

I just bought 150 slides or so from Hemisfair that arrived today. I'm enjoying looking through them - it looks like it was a fun fair indeed.

Howdy Bill: funny you would mention it, the remaining 90 slides arrived at my house yesterday (LOL). Mr. Stiles must of had a really nice camera to get the great color and quality. I think my favorite auction was for the box with images from inside the GE & Bell Telephone pavilions :) I'll probably start uploading the images on worldsfair68.info in the next week.

Sorry to have been bidding against you, but these looked too good to pass up. At least this way folks will be able to see them instead of the slides being buried in someone else's collection and out of sight. I'll be on the road this week so I won't be doing any scanning just yet. And I agree with you, he had above average gear!