That's a wonderful shot!

That photo oozes anticipation!

I'd love to see that same shot today. I'll bet all of those older buildings are gone or replaced.

That photo oozes anticipation!

I'd love to see that same shot today. I'll bet all of those older buildings are gone or replaced.

Actually, I think they aren't.

post-86-0-15730700-1313174090_thumb.jpg

I overlaid them and aligned the buildings on the left and the tracks as well as I could, using the best match of images. The shorter Space Needle is the newer photo. In none of the shots could I get the Space Needle to be as tall as the old photo. Maybe the B&W shot was with a telephoto? That focal length, parallax stuff always interests and frustrates me!

Thanks for posting that sequence, Kevin.

post-86-0-15730700-1313174090_thumb.jpg

I overlaid them and aligned the buildings on the left and the tracks as well as I could, using the best match of images. The shorter Space Needle is the newer photo. In none of the shots could I get the Space Needle to be as tall as the old photo. Maybe the B&W shot was with a telephoto? That focal length, parallax stuff always interests and frustrates me!

Thanks for posting that sequence, Kevin.

Cute. The more time I spend on this website, the more I know I _must_ visit the US properly some day :-(