Thanks for the heads up. We're going to have to make a list of full length motion pictures shot at or "set at" a World's Fair or International Expo.

I say "set at" because Charlie Chan at Treasure Island didn't actually shoot there, other than at the start of movie there is some footage shot from an overhead airplane. The rest was shot on Hollywood sound stages. The same with the Judy Garland movie- it was shot in Hollywood about 50 years after the World's Fair in St. Louis, and in the plot they never actually visited the Fair, just talked a lot about it (and sang about it).

The Elvis movie, however, was shot in Seattle in 1962 while the Fair was in operation.

I think somebody said in 1964 there was a motion picture, but it was mostly on a subway? Hmmmm..... Later that year there was a movie in Tokyo, with a script during the Olympics there. Purportedly it was about a marathon runner, but a comedy.

Of course Billy Graham's organization shot a movie during the '64-65 Fair on the Fairgrounds, which was released a year or two later, but it didn't get a mass movie theater distribution. It's available on VHS or DVD and has some nice Fair footage.

Heaven help us if there had ever been a World's Fair in Los Angeles in the 30's. :) There'd probably have been 5 or 6 movies there.

In the Judy Garland film Meet me in St Louis 1944 the family does go to the Fair in the last few scenes of the movie.

Later that year there was a movie in Tokyo, with a script during the Olympics there. Purportedly it was about a marathon runner, but a comedy.

Randy - I think the movie you are looking for is "Walk don't run" - it was about an Olympic speed walker.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061170/

"The Big Show" is scheduled for the Encore Western channel Monday July 21 at 10:05 pm CST.