3 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

Thanks to Randy Treadway, I have added a page to my site with a collection of postcards from Expo 2000

Expo 2000 Postcards

Please let me know if you have any corrections or if you have any cards to share - or any other Expo 2000 material.

#2 Themepark Nut

Themepark Nut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

Very cool :) I read or heard once that Expo 2000 was the last BIE event to sell post cards. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

#3 expoboy

expoboy

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

Expo 2010 had a very limited number of postcards available at on-site post offices. I'm surprised to see the Expo 2000 postcards Bill Cotter has posted. I do not recall seeing any postcards at Expo 2000.

#4 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,332 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:57 AM

There are 31 Expo 2000 postcards that I haven't scanned and sent to Bill yet, and another couple that I scanned and sent right after he got the initial web page up.

Expo 2010 postcard collecting turns out to be broader than we initially thought.
I should have a pretty good rundown with scans for Bill in a couple of months. In addition to some extensive sets from China Post, there also appear to have been a number of other publishers, and pavilion-specific issues.
A set of 100 views was also issued by the 'Bureau of Shanghai World Expo Coordination'.

This doesn't surprise me, the way China went crazy issuing postage stamps for the Beijing Olympic Games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users