• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarieG

MarieG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:58 AM

I am looking to find a listing of all the exhibitors at the 1893 Columbian World's Fair. When the different countries sent representatives over to be a part of the fair, would they have taken specific boats/trains where there might be a record of a particular person listed? I need ideas on how to search. I am looking for a particular family member who came over from Europe that we believe was an exhibitor at the fair. Thank you for any help.

#2 waynebretl

waynebretl

See Yourself on Color TV!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

I am looking to find a listing of all the exhibitors at the 1893 Columbian World's Fair. When the different countries sent representatives over to be a part of the fair, would they have taken specific boats/trains where there might be a record of a particular person listed? I need ideas on how to search. I am looking for a particular family member who came over from Europe that we believe was an exhibitor at the fair. Thank you for any help.

Have you contacted the Chicago History Museum?
http://www.chicagohs.org/research

#3 Lisa Langlois

Lisa Langlois

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:07 PM

There is also the Chicago Historical Society, though you may need to narrow your focus first--I just sent you a message with suggestions...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users