Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fair Exhibitors

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am looking to find a listing of all the exhibitors at the 1893 Columbian World's Fair. When the different countries sent representatives over to be a part of the fair, would they have taken specific boats/trains where there might be a record of a particular person listed? I need ideas on how to search. I am looking for a particular family member who came over from Europe that we believe was an exhibitor at the fair. Thank you for any help.

Posted · Report post

I am looking to find a listing of all the exhibitors at the 1893 Columbian World's Fair. When the different countries sent representatives over to be a part of the fair, would they have taken specific boats/trains where there might be a record of a particular person listed? I need ideas on how to search. I am looking for a particular family member who came over from Europe that we believe was an exhibitor at the fair. Thank you for any help.

Have you contacted the Chicago History Museum?

http://www.chicagohs.org/research

Posted · Report post

There is also the Chicago Historical Society, though you may need to narrow your focus first--I just sent you a message with suggestions...