Sign in to follow this  
1853crystalpalace

Carnival 1965 New Yor World's Fair

Does anyone have any images of Carnival of the 1965 season? Thanks

Not much.

http://www.worldsfaircommunity.org/index.php?showtopic=9721&view=&hl=carnival&fromsearch=1

Discotheque_-_WF_Employee_Discount_Card.jpg

Everything else is just distant shots of the exterior of the building, particularly the big sign that was changed from the previous year to read 'Carnival'.

Randy thanks for the image of the discount Disco card. I wrote a book on Chinese participation in World's Fairs and went to China in November and stayed with the man who organized Carnival in 1965. James I.C. Chiang. My book is going to be published in China and he has asked me to tell hhis story. In China he is called the "Father of the Expo" had has been involved since 2001. One of the chapters in my book about him will be the story of the NYWF 1965 Carnival, his involvement at Expo 70 and of course his involvment in Shanghai Expo 2010. I am returning to Shanghai in January for a month to work with him on several small Expo exhibits around Shanghai and one on the Expo grounds and to work on the book. He has made himself a very important man in China ( he is an American citizen by a special act of Congress in 1961) He is 88. Goldie Han was one of his Can Can dancers at the Can Can Review.

Any chance of a clearer pic or a copy? attached is a pic of Goldie Hawn second from left

post-4527-126149370394_thumb.jpg

I didn't know that Goldie Hawn was a worlds fair can-can girl. I dated one of those Texas Pavilion can can girls briefly back in '64, but it wasn't Miss Hawn. That's the first photo I've ever seen of them.