worldsfairent

FMCP TONIGHT ONCE MORE ON CSI:NY!

Okay Gang-- time for one last shameless plug for CSI:NY-- but I promise this time it's worth it! Tune in to CSI:NY tonight at 10/9 Central on CBS for "Manhattanhenge," my latest episode-- featuring INCREDIBLE FOOTAGE OF OUR FAVORITE NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIRGROUNDS! And if you don't believe me... here's a little sneak peek to wet your appetite...

post-585-125916947151_thumb.jpg

;)

Thanks for watching-- and tell a friend! Can't wait to hear what you guys think-- hope I've done you and Flushing Meadows Corona Park proud!

Trey (worldsfairent)

DVR is locked and loaded, Trey... and, just as a safety backup.... we're gonna watch it tonight as it airs. :rolleyes:

My wife said to tell you that you have hooked her on CSI: NY. We used to be a CSI: Miami-only household, but we've seen the light.

Bank teller today said she was from Queens. I asked what she thought of the Unisphere. "The what?" she asked several times despite having her prom at the Top of the Fair! She's not from Flushing she admitted in what I assumed was a heartfelt apology for her ignorance. I told her to watch CSI:NY and she said her boyfriend works lighting for CSI:NY on a contract basis. That Lexan slab between us made conversation difficult but, even in the big city, it remains a small world after all.

Doug: Glad to hear it-- your wife's got great taste-- but then, you knew that already, didn't you? ;-)

XL5: Thanks for trying at the bank! On a busy travel day like this one-- I'll happily accept a plug wherever I can get it! ;-)

Trey, from my Grandparents to you, they thank you for awesome shot of running beneath the cherry trees and coming upto the Unisphere with the fountains on. They went to the fair in both summers of 64 and 65 and said it brought back the magic of the fair right to their home. :D

Wow! Kohl's commercial: Manhattan henge! Caught it for years accidentally before reading news it could be tracked and predicted - have marked my calendar for days since. Go back to the Park NOW

Gordon Lightfoot (remix): Thank you Trey! God bless us everyone! Happy Thanksgiving - one & all.

da'Bench

Trey - all I can say is WOW. The moment I heard the music coming from the tunnel I knew they were headed towards the Underground home. I grinned for the next 5 minutes, annoying my company by repeating..."I can't believe he did that...." The shots of the Park (and the interior of the TOT) were absolutely stunning. I you think them justice. Hopefully this will give more light on the condition of the park and how great of a place it is. This was the first episode of CSI I have seen, and I am VERY impressed.

Jœy

Can't tell you how much all your kind words mean to me, gang. And by keeping my love for World's Fairs (especially in FMCP) alive through this site-- you all played an instrumental role in helping me tell the story. Thanks so much for watching. I'm proud to have added another few pages to the legend and lore of a wonderful place we all hold dear to our hearts.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everybody!

ARGH!!!!

I can't believe we missed it!!!!!

I was looking forward to it all day, and then got home and one thing spiraled into another and before I knew it, it was 11:05!!

I didn't bother setting the VCR (yes the good old fashioned VCR) because it has been unreliable lately, stopping after 5 minutes of recording. I wish I had set it, it probably would have recorded the entire episode when I would have least expected it to.

BUMMER! :blink: :o

Trey,

It was great! Gave me chills...

Thank you!

Mitch

Det. Taylor may have spoken the line, "I want every inch of this place searched," but that was clearly Trey's way of indemnifying himself against going over budget on the FMCP location shoot. The industry's still sensitive from their Apocalypse Now experience with Coppola. "But the script demands another night of shooting, not me!"

Wow, you weren't kidding. There sure were lots of good FMCP shots. Especially liked the opening slow pan down (whatever you call that shot) from the angular steel of the TOT roof ring.

Wondered whether that last overhead shot of the map, with the word "Jackson" visible, was the actual map or effect.

That first reveal shot of the Unisphere got Universal acclaim from PTU and should go down as another iconic NYC image along with Gleason's full moon rising over the Honeymooners skyline. Can you use that in promos? (BTW! That homage publicity shot of the cast sitting on the skyscaper construction girder is great!)

I did catch the Punisphere.

I remember noticing the "Manhattanhenge" phenom as a kid. That and girls wearing dresses were the signs of spring. Hayden Planetarium Director Neil DeGrasse Tyson is the only person I've heard mention that factlet on some little PBS science short. He's a NYer too.

Scariest part was so many police surveillance cams actually or soon will exist.

Has anyone mentioned that from the air FMCP looks like a crop circle?

Great job.