AlTex1964

Hoisting and lowering of the flags - Morning and evening

Most views without flags seem to be from 1964, but here's one from 1965.

court-states-no-flags-65.jpg

It looks like a great target date for a time machine - not much in the way of crowds at all!

Hi Folks,

Just checking in after an absence of five years.  I hope you are all well.

Has anyone found any photos taken on Monday, 22 June 1964?  This was the day that I visited the New York World's Fair with my parents and two sisters.  I'm interested in any photos that may have been taken on that day, but also, especially any photos that might include my family.  My Mother, who took this photo was wearing a pale blue jacket and pale blue slacks or skirt.  She was carrying a dark blue jacket on a coat hanger.

NYWF_8_AlTex1964-June-22-Al_&_Dad_&_BothSisters-AtCourtOfNations-4.26pmEDT-NoFlags-slmA2F4.jpg

Yes, we went to McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey after we left The World's Fair.  Mom and my Dad took turns to carry my Dad's USAF uniform which he intended to wear once he arrived at the USAF base.  The uniform had been collected from the dry cleaners in Manhattan on the way to the Fair.  We had stayed three nights at Hotel Grosvenor on Times Square immediately before going to the Fair.

That's dedication!  We departed the USA on my dad's USAF assignment out of Maguire on a chartered Pan Am 707 in the summer of 61, then returned into Idlewild on a TWA 707 in Dec.63.  To return a few months later for one day to see the World's Fair.

1 hour ago, Bill Cotter said:

I have lots of June 1964 photos but none that are clearly from June 22.

Hi Bill,

Could I purchase all of your World's Fair photos that may have been taken in June 1964?

2 hours ago, Randy Treadway said:

That's dedication!  We departed the USA on my dad's USAF assignment out of Maguire on a chartered Pan Am 707 in the summer of 61, then returned into Idlewild on a TWA 707 in Dec.63.  To return a few months later for one day to see the World's Fair.

Hi Randy,

I flew on TWA Boeing 707 in '59 to from RAF Mildenhall to McGuire, then on 24 June '64 by PanAm Boeing 707 from McGuire to RAF Mildenhall.  These were exciting times.  It looks like we were having similar experiences.