Sign in to follow this  
Plumber

Need a little travel info

I am going to be in NYC in mid October, and I would like to again visit FMCP. My problem is, having not been there in 37 years, I need to find the best method of getting there from the Newark, NJ airport. Could any of you who are local to the city give me some advise? Short of hiring a limo, of course! Any info will be greatly appreciated. E-mail me at mailto:mikenomad96@hotmail.com if you are willing to help. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Plumber (edited 09-04-2002).]

Outside of renting a car & driving which is not a good idea if you are unfarmiliar with NY metro traffic patterns & the confusing exit from Newark. You may want to take a bus or cab to Port Authority Bus Terminal (8th Ave and 42nd St.) then hop on the #7 train to Shea Stadium/Willetts Point. Then its over Passarelle Walk into FMCP.

I also need a little travel info. I am going to Orlando this week. Isn't there a Rocket Thrower there too?

And what should I see at Disneyworld? or did the 2 legacies head to Anaheim.

Mary Ellen,

There is a six foot tall sculpture of the "Tower of the Four Winds" in a glass case in the Contemporary Hotel on Disney property....Unfortunately, the "Carousel of Progress" is only open sporadically during the year.....Bill

Thanks everyone for the travel information. With any luck, I willbe walking arounf FMCP on October 12th just after noon. Now if I can just find my old WF map.............