39 replies to this topic

#31 Larry L

Larry L

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

A good feature that some other forums have is View Your Posts, so that way you can see at a glance if anyone added anything new to a thread you were on or if anyone responded to you.

#32 Doug Seed

Doug Seed

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:14 AM

Larry, just click on your screen name. that'll take you to your member section. In the left column you'll see "Find Topics" and "Find Posts". Those will bring up all of the topics you have started and, I assume, every post that you've made. Play with it... you must be able to sort it and sift down to what you're looking for.

Hey, I just noticed that I'm in the 3K club! Over 3,000 posts!

#33 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,349 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:24 AM

Congratulations Doug! :)

#34 Mike Kraus

Mike Kraus

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

Doug! You blabbermouth! :D

#35 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,349 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:00 PM

Congrats to you too Mike!
You and Doug have quite a horse race going on. :)

#36 Larry L

Larry L

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:05 PM

Larry, just click on your screen name. that'll take you to your member section. In the left column you'll see "Find Topics" and "Find Posts". Those will bring up all of the topics you have started and, I assume, every post that you've made. Play with it... you must be able to sort it and sift down to what you're looking for.

Yeah, Doug, I figured that out for myself already, but it's kind of awkward and it doesn't tell you if anyone responded to the thread, or, as is most often the case, people were just so awestruck by my last brilliant words of transcendental wisdom that they felt it best to leave it as it is and not try to add any further commentary, and...and what am I babbling on about anyway?

LL

#37 Larry L

Larry L

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:07 PM

Hey, I just noticed that I'm in the 3K club! Over 3,000 posts!

Randy got 12,732. I've actually got more than the 420 shown because the posts I made on the old board never carried over. I think I might have 12,733 total. :)

LL

#38 RAY DASHNER

RAY DASHNER

Likes World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

"...why a thread could sustain itself with dozens of comments when the subject is about the color of the tablecloths at the Mastro Pizza joint"

What's the Mastro Pizza joint, and what color is the tablecloth over there?

Larry, there are at least 140 posts on this board that refers to Mastro Pizza. Obviously it was the most famous pizza joint on the fairgrounds. It's history is legendary and if you want to read all about it, just type "MASTRO" in the search window.

#39 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,349 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:04 AM

I've actually got more than the 420 shown because the posts I made on the old board never carried over. I think I might have 12,733 total. :)

LL

There are lots of people with 'split counts' who had registered under different names over the years when they couldn't remember a password, or various things like that. There's a good chance your old posts are actually here, just under a different registry name.
In working my way back restoring links (I'm all the way back to April 2006 now) I even saw some postings where the username is gone completely (like it was from a ghost), but the post itself is still there.

#40 Larry L

Larry L

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:32 PM

Larry, there are at least 140 posts on this board that refers to Mastro Pizza. Obviously it was the most famous pizza joint on the fairgrounds. It's history is legendary and if you want to read all about it, just type "MASTRO" in the search window.

Oh, duh. Fairgrounds? What fairgrounds?

There are lots of people with 'split counts' who had registered under different names over the years when they couldn't remember a password, or various things like that. There's a good chance your old posts are actually here, just under a different registry name.
In working my way back restoring links (I'm all the way back to April 2006 now) I even saw some postings where the username is gone completely (like it was from a ghost), but the post itself is still there.

Cool!

I used a different sign on name back then, I think. Maybe it was my full name as opposed to just my initials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users