Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

New Book From Arcadia On Expo 86

Thanks much. I just mailed off the revised proofs, so now it's time to sit and wait until the books shows up - the hardest part of the process.

These books are fun to do, as they give me a great excuse to pore through my pictures and files. The trouble is there's always an extra picture or two that just won't fit!

...These books are fun to do, as they give me a great excuse to pore through my pictures and files. The trouble is there's always an extra picture or two that just won't fit!

The views on the cutting room floor!

Are the bumped ones generally on one of your copious CDs?

In general, yes, but I have a pile of Expo 86 ones that I scanned but have not fully restored. I only completed the ones I needed for the book and have several hundred more to work through. After staring at ones from that fair I took a break for a change of scenery but will get back to them soon. I'll mention it when I have any more CDs besides the ones already on my site. There are 10 there now.

Unfortunate bad timing for holiday gift giving but I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. This is the world's fair that I visited most. I was working for Western Airlines at the time and had Vancouver layovers through the run of the fair. When all was said and done, I should have purchased a season pass.

Ok, good to know I have at least one sold!

Here's a look at some of the uncorrected proof pages. Please keep in mind that some minor corrections were made after this stage, and that the pictures are low resolution to keep download times reasonable. Hopefully this will make you want more.

Expo 86 sample pages

Definitely on my radar, trying to verify that I have enough in the way of photos. Being such a small Fair it's harder to do, unless someone wants 1/2 of it being pictures looking up at the Space Needle.

Well, the book was announced for December 21 but actually went on sale on Monday. I should have my first copies in tomorrow. If anyone is interested in getting one please drop me a note.

I can't believe it's finally out!

Very cool Bill!

Here's hoping that the major booksellers in the Vancouver area will order a lot of copies of the book, and they will all be eagerly snapped-up by the locals and visitors who are in town for the Winter Olympics next February... the two events have a similar flavor.

Good Luck!

Kevin