Photo

Are Twitter Tweets From Twittinesis New Content?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SWCphotography

SWCphotography

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:53 PM

What are Twitter Tweets from Twittinesis?

#2 Marc Williams

Marc Williams

Really Loves World's Fairs

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Those are part of the feed coming in from our affiliate ExpoMuseum.com.

The website that had been providing Twitter digests went under and this was the only replacement Urso Chappell was able to find. They are new content and usually interesting stuff relating to world's fairs.

Though the new format isn't as pleasing.

#3 worldsfairent

worldsfairent

Pacific Coast PTU'er

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

There has been some cool stuff buried in a lot of those "tweets," (man I hate 21st century cyberspeak) - but my concern is that none of it can be easily split up and organized within PTU's great world's fair specific sections. Or am I wrong about that?

#4 Marc Williams

Marc Williams

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

There has been some cool stuff buried in a lot of those "tweets," (man I hate 21st century cyberspeak) - but my concern is that none of it can be easily split up and organized within PTU's great world's fair specific sections. Or am I wrong about that?

You're right. It could if someone wanted to do that. It's cross-posted information being shared from ExpoMuseum.com. So I would treat it like a good source for world's fair news. Beyond that it would take someone manually splitting them up and putting the information in the right spot.

#5 Joey Chernov

Joey Chernov

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:51 PM

Try saying that five times fast!

#6 SWCphotography

SWCphotography

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

Those are part of the feed coming in from our affiliate ExpoMuseum.com.

The website that had been providing Twitter digests went under and this was the only replacement Urso Chappell was able to find. They are new content and usually interesting stuff relating to world's fairs.

Though the new format isn't as pleasing.

So basically any time there is a new post or new topic on ExpoMuseum Twittinesis automatically posts it here as a new topic, while it may be considered a bundled macro topic that may include an update on all exposition internet finds or new twitter topic or post on ExpoMuseum up to twice daily? Would that not be like treating any worldsfaircommunity update as a new topic and posting it as such, which then may then be twittered on ExpoMuseum and reposted as a new topic on worldsfaircommunity?

Not intended to be critical of any site that supports expositions and fairs, but why not just directly go to ExpoMuseum on a regular basis to see updates? Here is the rub: in the new format at an instant you can see 5 new topic posts, usually 2 of them are from Twitter. You could select watched topics, if you watch one, or type in search parameters, but try doing that on an iphone when driving on the 405.

#7 Marc Williams

Marc Williams

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

So basically any time there is a new post or new topic on ExpoMuseum Twittinesis automatically posts it here as a new topic, while it may be considered a bundled macro topic that may include an update on all exposition internet finds or new twitter topic or post on ExpoMuseum up to twice daily? Would that not be like treating any worldsfaircommunity update as a new topic and posting it as such, which then may then be twittered on ExpoMuseum and reposted as a new topic on worldsfaircommunity?

Not intended to be critical of any site that supports expositions and fairs, but why not just directly go to ExpoMuseum on a regular basis to see updates? Here is the rub: in the new format at an instant you can see 5 new topic posts, usually 2 of them are from Twitter. You could select watched topics, if you watch one, or type in search parameters, but try doing that on an iphone when driving on the 405.

Close. It is creating a digest of ExpoMuseum tweets so it's not every post. I am working with Urso over at ExpoMuseum to find something a little less frequent.

#8 worldsfairent

worldsfairent

Pacific Coast PTU'er

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

try doing that on an iphone when driving on the 405

Glad to see I'm not the only Pacific Coast PTU'er with an iPhone endangering his life to view new content on So Cal freeways! :lol:

#9 Joey Chernov

Joey Chernov

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

I'm not going to multiquote the entire thread, but every response sounds like your talking about a complex subject of high complexity. What makes it even funnier is how there was a simple question; then again, simple questions don't always yield simple answers! ;)

#10 Marc Williams

Marc Williams

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

You're right. ;)

It isn't as easy as turning off a faucet. I have a gentleman's agreement with Urso over at ExpoMuseum.com to crosspost some of his content. In return ExpoMuseum.com sends all community traffic to us.

This sharing of content and traffic also helps us rise in search engine results.

Like I said we're working on finding a better Twitter digest creator.

Marc

#11 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,288 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

Posted Image

You rang? Or was dat dat big bad puddy tat again pwaying twicks on me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users