Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyone need a trylon and perishere?

Posted Image

How about a '39 tea set?

Posted Image

Then there were the Unisphere's:

Posted Image

In the movie room there was a seminar being given by the auther of a new Fair book:

Posted Image

For me - one of the coolest items (Aside from the Chrysler chairs) was this original architechural model of the New York State Pavillion:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...and, before I called it a day I had to take a stroll down the wall of memories..or as it was titled - then...and then, again as it sported shots from both NY Fairs:

Posted Image

I hope you've enjoyed spending the day with me at the 2nd annual World's fair Show and Sale. :)

#2 Joey Chernov

Joey Chernov

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

All the photos you have posted are awesome! I like the larger base for the plastic Unisphere in the 5th photo and YES I do need a Trylon and Perisphere :) The NYSP model looks cool, pretty goof condition for being an original (?) Did you walk away with anything, wether it be free or purchased?

#3 jmcsweeny

jmcsweeny

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the pics!

#4 Yessongs

Yessongs

Likes World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:22 PM

All the photos you have posted are awesome! I like the larger base for the plastic Unisphere in the 5th photo and YES I do need a Trylon and Perisphere :) The NYSP model looks cool, pretty goof condition for being an original (?) Did you walk away with anything, wether it be free or purchased?

I'm a big fan of the Ny State pavillion from '64 and last year I got a terrific pewter replica - that was good for me - nothing, that I could afford ju8mped out at me this year but - yeah - there were pleanty of temptations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users