3 replies to this topic

#1 Yessongs

Yessongs

Likes World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:40 AM

So...if you didn't have time or could not be in queens for the 2nd annual NY World's Fair Show and Sale you really missed a great event.

The weather was fantastic after a week, straight, of rain so, for me, taking the ride from Long Island into Queens was no problem - especially since I took a motorcycle :) .

I arrived at the hotel just before noon:
Posted Image

Walking down the hallway to the event I noticed a very familiar sight:
Posted Image

And as I came around the corner I was greeted by the entrance table filled with the start of what would prove to be a memorabelia filled afternoon:
Posted Image
Posted Image

After signing in I couldn't wait to get into the main show area and walked right past Park Bench, without even saying Hi, to get in:
Posted Image

...but wait...this is certainly not all there was to see...more to come...

#2 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,628 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:30 AM

Thanks for the first installment of your report. Going on a a motorcycle would be one way to limit damage to your wallet. I sure wish I had been able to go. It's always fun to see new things even if you can't always buy them. How many people were there?

#3 Glen Schultzberg

Glen Schultzberg

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:46 AM

Thanks a lot yessongs! I've been eager to hear about how the show went. Hopefully it will indeed become an annual thing and I'll be able to make it to one eventually. What you've shown so far is great. Can't wait for more!

I like how this show is set up as a show/sale, with some incredibly rare stuff that's only for display and other stuff that's for sale. It's like the best of both worlds.

#4 Jim

Jim

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:59 AM

I have never been able to attend an all-world's fair sale. What are the prices like? Are they reasonable and fair or are they inflated because of the captive clientele?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users