Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

09 World's Fair Show And Sale Recap Pt 1

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So...if you didn't have time or could not be in queens for the 2nd annual NY World's Fair Show and Sale you really missed a great event.

The weather was fantastic after a week, straight, of rain so, for me, taking the ride from Long Island into Queens was no problem - especially since I took a motorcycle :) .

I arrived at the hotel just before noon:

IMG_0106.jpg

Walking down the hallway to the event I noticed a very familiar sight:

IMG_0031.jpg

And as I came around the corner I was greeted by the entrance table filled with the start of what would prove to be a memorabelia filled afternoon:

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

After signing in I couldn't wait to get into the main show area and walked right past Park Bench, without even saying Hi, to get in:

IMG_0046.jpg

...but wait...this is certainly not all there was to see...more to come...

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the first installment of your report. Going on a a motorcycle would be one way to limit damage to your wallet. I sure wish I had been able to go. It's always fun to see new things even if you can't always buy them. How many people were there?

Posted · Report post

Thanks a lot yessongs! I've been eager to hear about how the show went. Hopefully it will indeed become an annual thing and I'll be able to make it to one eventually. What you've shown so far is great. Can't wait for more!

I like how this show is set up as a show/sale, with some incredibly rare stuff that's only for display and other stuff that's for sale. It's like the best of both worlds.

Posted · Report post

I have never been able to attend an all-world's fair sale. What are the prices like? Are they reasonable and fair or are they inflated because of the captive clientele?