Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

"It Takes a Thief" pilot at Expo 67

I was watching the pilot episode to the old series "It Takes a Thief" and was pleasantly surprised to see that they shot a sequence at Expo 67. They call it "Sports Expo '68". The show debuted in January 1968 so the footage would have to be from the 1967 season of Expo and not from the "Man and His World" version. I'll try to put the Expo footage online later, but for now you can see it on YouTube. It starts about 1:45 into this clip:

and continues here

It was fun to see Expo pop up where it was unexpected.

• Like 1

Cool! I have not seen many videos of Expo '67, as well as panorama shots. Looks like a nice fair! I'd think it would be a bit disorienting to a visitor though, being near the water and not centralized.

I just stumbled across this myself while watching the pilot film (downloaded as a bit torrent file) and in my zeal to report what I saw, I to my embarrassment overlooked this thread! Here is a quick screencap I made from the file and I can do more.

post-161-124599806902_thumb.jpg

Yes, the Thailand pavilion was used at both fairs. Although the pavilion and its displays were larger at Expo. A royal boat or barge was displayed in front of the Thai pavilion at Expo, for example.

I like the still shots. The fourth one has a great image of some of the unique lighting fixtures which were used at Expo. Some still remain in the park today.

Thanks Bill for deleting that redundancy on my part!

Let's not forget the Thailand Pavilion was also the Republic of Moldavia pavilion of the Gotham World's Fair in the "Batman" pilot! :D

post-161-124603585452_thumb.jpg