7 replies to this topic

#1 oldschool39

oldschool39

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

https://share.acroba...85-d6f32eec8412

Nice write - up. I was there May 11th for comments - but NO photos - please.
Richard Post has officially stole Mark Hart's lunch - staging his second NYWF gathering in QUEENS! TA-TA "Adria" - Richard has captured the original QMA Worlds Fair Show and Bourse concept from the 80'S! And has brought it back for those who can recall!
Come back to the Fair
jr

#2 oldschool39

oldschool39

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

I am kind of surprised That when I offer the USA public the firrst look at the 1939 GREAT BRITIAN SIGN IN BOOK on this PTU network since 1939, no one here has a thing to say. But if one of you experience a bad cough- or you're having your first root canal you are making it big news in-at-least- the-64 -section of this website. Please explain? The local press is eating this up! What's up with you? What really is important to you whenyou sign on to a World's Fair group?

Respectfully
jr

#3 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,872 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

When you posted the message the board was getting upgraded and people may have missed seeing the message. I know I missed it somehow. As I've posted elsewhere the "View New Content" feature appears to have a few bugs in it.

It's sometimes hard to figure out what will get attention and why some topics go virtually unnoticed while others fill up for pages. Sometimes I'll post something and think "Man, they're going to just love this" and there's a collective yawn. Other times I'll wonder if it's worth the effort and people go nuts over it. I guess if we could predict patterns accurately we could become rich.

Good luck with the show. I know I would be one of the first in line if I was in NY.

By the way, I think I know who "JR" is, and if so applaud your preservation efforts. Let us know who you are!

Bill

#4 oldschool39

oldschool39

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

When you posted the message the board was getting upgraded and people may have missed seeing the message. I know I missed it somehow. As I've posted elsewhere the "View New Content" feature appears to have a few bugs in it.

It's sometimes hard to figure out what will get attention and why some topics go virtually unnoticed while others fill up for pages. Sometimes I'll post something and think "Man, they're going to just love this" and there's a collective yawn. Other times I'll wonder if it's worth the effort and people go nuts over it. I guess if we could predict patterns accurately we could become rich.

Good luck with the show. I know I would be one of the first in line if I was in NY.

By the way, I think I know who "JR" is, and if so applaud your preservation efforts. Let us know who you are!

Bill

#5 oldschool39

oldschool39

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

Mister Cotter,
I am John Riccardelli.
Iknow you and await your June 15th book with data I know + photos I don't!
What's up whith the rest the rest of the crowd? 30-sometings trying to be the authority?
Please excuse if I offrnd
jr

#6 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,872 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:48 PM

I thought it was you, John. I remember seeing some of your collection at one of the old Queens Museum shows in the 80s. Very impressive indeed.

I think this place is like many clubs. Takes time to get attention. I know it was plain at my flying club (no pun intended) that as the new guy it was expected that I would take a back seat to the old guard until they got to know me. What was worse was when I moved to New England! In some of those places if you didn't come over on the Mayflower you would also be viewed as a newcomer.

I hope you'll hang around and share some of your knowledge with everyone. I'm sure more people will take note and start paying attention to the name behind them.

Bill

#7 Afikoman

Afikoman

Likes World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:36 AM

Interesting posts from one of the foremost WF collectors/preservationists. I look forward to seeing anything he brings to the June 7th show...a rare treat indeed.

#8 magikbilly

magikbilly

Radioactive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

Hi John,

Eric here. I would hope you remember me from my Adria days. Not all topics of "interest" get "interest" and some get more and some less than you'd expect based on many things - among them is the fact that lot of people are here for a lot of different reasons - the Fair is "just" the common ground that brings us together. And, a lot of interest here is often centered on the 1964 Fair. Just post what interests you and eventually "they will come" :)

Best,
Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users