Pictures of Expo 74 seem pretty hard to come by in comparison to other fairs. I've been working on a few of them though and will post them here over time. This one is probably from near the end of the fair as everything looks like it has been marked down to get ready for the final days.

expo74-souvenir.jpg

Was anyone from the board at Expo 74? I missed that one.

• Like 1

Was anyone from the board at Expo 74? I missed that one.

I was. It's the earliest memory I have.

What can you tell us about it? It seems like it's the forgotten US fair. There's very little out there on it.

Growing up in Oregon I vaguely remember the advertising. Especially at Sambo's restaurants. My mom says I drove her crazy asking if we were going to the fair.

Growing up in Oregon I vaguely remember the advertising. Especially at Sambo's restaurants. My mom says I drove her crazy asking if we were going to the fair.

Marc,

I remember seeing a big billboard for Expo '74 at Jantzen Beach, just before you crossed the I-5 Interstate Bridge into Washington. I also asked my parents several times if we could go (I was about 10 at the time), but the answer was always, "No, Spokane is too far away..."

Best Regards,

Kevin

The Official Medallions weren't on sale, but the rest was fair game.

expo74-souvenir-2.jpg

I can't imagine any building inspector allowing that exposed motor and fan belt assembly to be installed in that fashion today. Kids would be throwing things at the fan belt to try and jam it if it were in today's world. But then again since it is the business I am in, perhaps I am just overly sensitive to these sorts of dangerous installations.