bagels

the collection or landfill room

Over the years Jess/Bunny has added to her collection @ Stormville; when she was quite young she made herself known among some of the vendors who often gave her incredible deals because of her age and excitement for anything NYWF 64. Sadly these last few years its gotten a bit sparse. The prices of items in general throughout the show has gone up, the quality of the vendors has slipped some. We have dear friends who live near there so we make the trek regardless every year for at least one visit. But it has generally been a disappointment for WF items. Most of the rest of her collection has been from other antique shows, things I've bought her on EBAY, and then of course the most fun are the items that people have given her once they discover her passion. She has some items that belonged to friends of ours that went to the fair when they were young, or that found items while cleaning out their parents homes. She always seems amazed when she receives these items.

A few special Ebayers, who will remain nameless, have also been quite generous in the past when they discover that I'm buying something for my daughter" Specialbunny". ;)

/ Nancy

Margaret,

I'm down in Rockland county so Stormville is only about an hour away. Lots of new and old. The next closest good flea I know of is in PA which is pretty far.

Depending on what you are looking for Stormville is worth it. At least you can cover the whole thing in half a day or so. Last time I was at brimfield (many years ago) we spent over two days there and saw maybe three fields...

Hi Guys, I'll have to try and check them out this year. I know what you mean about Brimfield. It is HUGE!! We also have some great antigue shops a short drive from me. I love hunting things down. My heart was beating so fast when I saw the 1939 enamel top table and my husband whispered in my ear to ask them if they would take a check. I actually had to sit down.

Over the years Jess/Bunny has added to her collection @ Stormville; when she was quite young she made herself known among some of the vendors who often gave her incredible deals because of her age and excitement for anything NYWF 64. Sadly these last few years its gotten a bit sparse. The prices of items in general throughout the show has gone up, the quality of the vendors has slipped some. We have dear friends who live near there so we make the trek regardless every year for at least one visit. But it has generally been a disappointment for WF items. Most of the rest of her collection has been from other antique shows, things I've bought her on EBAY, and then of course the most fun are the items that people have given her once they discover her passion. She has some items that belonged to friends of ours that went to the fair when they were young, or that found items while cleaning out their parents homes. She always seems amazed when she receives these items.

A few special Ebayers, who will remain nameless, have also been quite generous in the past when they discover that I'm buying something for my daughter" Specialbunny". ;)

/ Nancy

Hey nancy, I don't know what Jess has, but I have some doubles that I would be happy to part with.

Liz,

Thanks for the reminder. We have some friends that went last year to the Meadowlands. I am going to look up the schedule.

FUN!

Mitch

this is 10% of the collection,i have trouble down loading the photos is there anyone i could email them to ,to post for me,{yes i am not a moron} thanks jerry

Jerry, you probably should lower the resolution of your photos using whatever software you have or may have come with your camera. You could also just retake the photos with your camera on a much lower setting.

I just opened your first one in Photoshop and it's over 20 megabytes.

It's 17.067 inches wide and 12.8 inches high and it's a whopping 180 dpi.

I am reposting your same photo at 72 dpi (dots per inch) and 12 inches wide.

This brought the file size down from over 20 meg, to just 1.6 meg.

So, that knocks down the size and server space used from 20 million bytes to just 1.6 million bytes.

My second one has been "Optimized to file size" in "Save for Web" in Photoshop, which brought it down to a tiny 87k, yet it still looks pretty darned good... for a miniscule fraction of the original 20 meg.

1.6 Meg. 72 dpi:

post-86-1237059375_thumb.jpg

87k Optimized for Web 72 dpi:

post-86-1237059394_thumb.jpg

thanks!!!!!!!!! i'll post more tomm.i live on long island members of this board are always invited over to veiw...jerry

Jerry,

Totally awesome collection! Nice cabinet too. I think I saw Partridge Family Lunchboxes on top...

I suppose you LOVE this stuff too!

Mitch

In the middle of you photo numbered #2, there is a plate with the Unisphere. Do you know it if gives an artist name or any other information on the plate? Thanks, Tim

In the middle of you photo numbered #2, there is a plate with the Unisphere. Do you know it if gives an artist name or any other information on the plate? Thanks, Tim

not sure wich plate your talking about

bagels- what a collection! I'm jealous!

thanks thats only 1/2 of it!!trying to do a new price guide for 64/65 wf

Hi Everyone,

many thanks to all for sharing your collections - it was wonderful to look at them. I will clearly have to get Craig's digital camera and photograph my stuff to share! I am waiting on one last item to arrive.

Best always,

Eric MB