j4sing

So what's left?

I have two poor quality shots of the Dick Button show, really not worth posting. Some of the others have completely eluded me so far though!

Thanks for the latest photos Bill! These definitely help fill-in some of the gaps!

Allstate / Macy's Leisurama? What's that? And where was it?

Leisurama was model home located in the Industrial Area between Coca Cola and Dynamic Maturity...

post-387-056892500 1277918932_thumb.jpg post-387-058626900 1277919001_thumb.jpg post-387-074045500 1277919035_thumb.jpg

It is very difficult to find a ground-based photograph of it, and I've never seen an iterior shot. However, I do have a press release that shows the floorplan, and I was able to make a digital model of the house in SketchUp a while back for Lori's team to use as a guide:

post-387-010051200 1277919166_thumb.jpg post-387-006828800 1277919262_thumb.jpg

You didn't list the Minnesota Pavilion. I don't have any interiors of that one.

Yeah - In hindsight, there are a few more interior shots of the Federal and State Pavilions that need to be added to my list. I do have the following interior shots of Minnesota that I downloaded from somewhere (my apologies for not giving proper credit to whomever posted these originally):

post-387-060214700 1277919512_thumb.jpg post-387-037993500 1277919519_thumb.jpg post-387-041287700 1277919529_thumb.jpg

American-Israel- we have some really good interior photos on a set of postcards

Berlin- we have an interior exhibit map, one interior photo in a pamphlet, and two interior press photos

Caribbean- several good interiors. Keep in mind that the sides of the building were open to let the breeze come through.

Central America & Panama- 3 good interior photos

Denmark - 11 of them!

Greece- several

Sermons from Science- 1 press photo

Sudan- one interior color slide, plus a postcard showing the Black Madonna exhibit.

Venezuela- one black & white showing President Johnson inside the building

Illinois- we have a few

Hertz- Mike Kraus has a really good one!

Hawaii- plenty of interior photos of the show in the Aloha Theater

I'd love to see these!

Kevin

PS - Any idea why my attachments all ended up as links in the posting, and thumbnails at the bottom of the page?

I've never seen the forum do that before...

Yes, it comes up from time to time, and more often the last couple of days.

I usually get to the board through an old bookmark to the old www.peacethroughunderstanding.com address, and it mirrors/leaps me into the new board address.

But yesterday the old address gave me a not authorized/Apache server message.

I tried going straight to the new address manually, and it let me with no problems.

I suspect this anomaly yesterday, and the log-in popup window, are both related to problems with that Apache server software that usually stays "behind the scenes".

I'm using IE8. I suspect the problem is not native to any particular browser.

(a color shot of a Simmons Sleep alcove with the bed made would also be nice)

It's a sleepy afternoon. I could use one of those.

[not the color shot; an actual alcove bed. -_- ]