magikbilly

Missing/Stolen Unhappy Magikbilly!

Hi All,

here is a good scan of the item now that I have it:

M.DEANsigned2008EKL.jpg

"Aboard the Adriatic" Original Photograph 1924, Signed by Miss Millvina Dean on 9.26.08

Best wishes,

Magikbilly

PS - Nice avatar image there worldsfairfan!!

Magikbilly, that is a beautiful souvenir!! Millvina Dean sounds like such a sweet old lady.

It must be a relief that have that photo safely at home. :)

PS - Nice avatar image there worldsfairfan!!

Thanks. That's from our first NYC trip in Sept. The weather could not have been better!

Hey Eric ( MB)

I am SURE that you've been plugged in to the news but in case you haven't here is some updates

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/8044552.stm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...Lhp3nwD9846EBO0

At least it's some help for Millvinia..

/ Nancy

Hello Nancy! :)

Yes, I had seen some of this but I thank you for the link and for thinking of me. Considering the amounts all parties involved in the film made, I would think they could spare a touch more than $30,00 collectively, or individually. The most recent auction of her remaining goods was not quite what was hoped for. To paraphrase Ralph Kramden - "If I had it, she could have it!". As I have said, Gladys "Millvina" is a dear lady. I believe you can see her on YouTube.

On a sad(der) note, Mr. Martin Bowen, one of the tech guys from the Titanic expeditions - a pilot of the ROV Jason, has died.

Many thanks again,

Eric

Hi All.

Miss Millvina Dean, last survivor of the Titanic disaster, passed away in her sleep Sunday after a brief return of the chest infection she has suffered from for some time. She was 97. She passed away on the 98th anniversary of the launch of the Titanic.

MB

I just heard this sad news tonight. How ironic that she passed away on that day.

It seems strange now that there are no more survivors of the Titanic alive.

Hi All,

yes, sad news indeed.

However, I say WELL DONE MISS DEAN! Ninety Seven years - a long and full life well lived! She was a remarkable and very kind woman. Of the Titanic (1912), The Lustiania (1915) and the Empress of Ireland (1914), there is only one survivor left.

Best,

Eric