Sign in to follow this  
expoboy

Beijing Olympic Games and Expo 2010

With the opening of the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, there has been lots of coverage in the Los Angeles Times (and other periodicals I'm sure) about the leading edge architecture of the Olympic structures and around Beijing in general. All this coverage and not a single mention of Expo 2010 opening in less than two years. Any conjecture as to why an event as important as Expo 2010 has been ignored?

Sure, it's because the focus is on the Olympics right now. It's way too soon to start spotlighting the fair. Not much to report as far as Shanghai is concerned, a hole dug here, a rock moved there. Why take away from all the athletes who worked so hard to get here now, in the present? Shanghai will have it's day. Meantime, Shanghai Expo has it's own website to keep those who are interested informed. Brazil is the latest entry to the Expo.

I kind of feel the same way. I've watched the opening performances several times now, and am still awestruck. I have to go to that fair. To quote ol Dick Nixon-

"I will go to China".

Can you imagine the fireworks Shanghai will have???? Anyone care to disagree that it will be the best World's Fair fireworks of all time? After all....they invented the stuff. :)