Don Cavaioli

FMCP X-Files

This is tranya. I hope you relish it as much as we.

Yes tranya is the drink. The big alien guy was Ballock and that might have been the little guy's name as well. The ship was the Versarius.

We think alot alike, captain...

"tranya"...."drinkin' stuff"...."special ingredient"..."well, it's green!" - yeah, we think alot alike ;) I never realized there was this much of a running theme of alien alcoholic drinks in Trek. It is used as defense and who knows what else.

And a note to the Galley - "Romulan Ale no longer to be served at state dinners". ;)

I ought to post my vintage Trek autograph collection but it is not scanned - 1968 Nimoy Official Trek Fan Club 5x7 signed by "Spock" as well as Nimoy, a 1968 first edition of The making of Star Trek paperback print screened photo of Shatnber where he actually signed all the letters in his name (scarce!), a 3"x5" vintage color candid of Trek playing on a vintage TV set showing McCoy and signed by De Kelley and an 8x10 color 1970's publicity photo signed by "Scotty" and Jimmy Doohan. I had the pleasure of meeting all these guys, some more than once :) Nimoy is wonderful and likes to talk about his creation of Spock.

Eric

MB, with your focus on the .39 Fair, I would have expected you to be more into Flash and Buck instead of Spock and McCoy.

Some day, I'd like to get a recording of the clay people and play the track backwards to find out what they were really saying.

http://www.imagesjournal.com/issue09/revie...ordon/text2.htm

MB, with your focus on the .39 Fair, I would have expected you to be more into Flash and Buck instead of Spock and McCoy.

Some day, I'd like to get a recording of the clay people and play the track backwards to find out what they were really saying.

http://www.imagesjournal.com/issue09/revie...ordon/text2.htm

I know the answer to that question. After careful analysis of the clay people's lines I got: "Paul is dead, I buried Paul, miss him" Hmmmm........

Hi Don, Waynebretl

I think your melding two lines together - "Paul is dead man, miss him, miss him" and "Cranberry Sauce" - my memory says BlackBird (or the song before it) & Strawberry Fields but I could be wrong. I've been too busy counting holes. ;)

No, no Buck or Flash, although I liked the ray guns. I prefer The Phantom Creeps serials (with Dr. Zorka!) or Chandu The Magician (with ...uh...Chandu!!) - both Bela Lugosi. ;)

Best,

Eric