post-1405-1218155579_thumb.jpg

post-1405-1218155603_thumb.jpg

post-1405-1218155625_thumb.jpg

In my collecting of all things HemisFair, I am amazed at the quantity and variety of maps that were created. So far I've found maps of the grounds in: The Official Guide Book, The Official Map Book, Pearl Pavilion (see first posting), Humble Oil Pavilion, IBM Pavilion, Bell Telephone Pavilion, a guidebook to all the art on the grounds just to name a few.

Was there any series of similar maps for Hemisfair, like the Hammond maps for the NYWF that were adapted for multiple sponsors? In the case of the NYWF map, it was even adapted for companies that didn't have a fair exhibit, but had a New York connection (like the Zenith showroom in Manhattan).

This topic brings to mind a question - are there any brochures or pictures of the interior of the Bell exhibit?

The Official Map Book certainly is one of the best souvenir maps produced for any world's fair. Great late '60s graphics and several excellent interpretations of the Hemisfair site from various angles. It routinely sells on eBay for just a few dollars; definately worth the money for anybody interested in cartography.

This topic brings to mind a question - are there any brochures or pictures of the interior of the Bell exhibit?

Yes, every now and then brochures for the Bell pavilion pop-up on eBay, as far as pictures the only two pics I've seen are on one of the two picture CD's for HemisFair that are on the "World's Fair Photos" web site. The Institute of Texan Cultures (Texas Pavilion during HemisFair) is displaying some of the display hardware from the Bell pavilion as well as two of the female uniforms from the pavilion as part of their HemisFair 40 anniversary exhibit .