I’m pretty sure I got this brochure at Expo 74.

post-1405-1218155038_thumb.jpg

post-1405-1218155055_thumb.jpg

post-1405-1218155148_thumb.jpg

post-1405-1218155190_thumb.jpg

Notice the change of date from March 2, 1975 - August 31, 1975 to July 20, 1975 - January 18, 1976. Does anybody know the reason for this change?

I saw that as well. I have a pile of Expo 75 stuff and will have to pull more of it out and see if they mention why in any of the press stuff I have. Perhaps someone here already knows though.

I saw that as wel.. I have a pile of Expo 75 stuff and will have to pull more of it out and see if they mention why in any of the press stuff I have. Perhaps someone here already knows though.

This quote taken wholesale (apart from spelling mistakes which are doubtless my own)from Encyclopedia of World's Fairs and Expositions (Findling+Pelle):

"Ocean Expo '75 was originally scheduled to open on March 2,1975, and run through August 31, but the international petroleum crisis preoccupied participating countreis, exacerbated anb already critical logistics exposition logistics problem, and greatly reduced stocks of petroleum-based construction materials. The Japanese government successfully appealed to the bureau of International, Expositions (BIE) for a postpoement"