Sign in to follow this  
gary h

EXPO 2010 on the internet

Hi, for years people have been saying "who needs WFs with the internet, etc" . Well, Expo 2010 is turning that around by creating a "virtual Expo" on the web for the duration of the fair. Their goal is to offer a comprehensive overview with the ability to 'tour' the fair on the web. The newest EXPO magazine has four articles about it. Here's the link:

http://www.expo2010china.com/expo/expo_eng...2519/index.html

Certainly not the same as being there, but an interesting twist.

I got my first Expo 2010 souvenir in the mail yesterday.

I got it from the Beijing Olympics On-Line Store, which does business over the internet.

Hi, for years people have been saying "who needs WFs with the internet, etc" . Well, Expo 2010 is turning that around by creating a "virtual Expo" on the web for the duration of the fair. Their goal is to offer a comprehensive overview with the ability to 'tour' the fair on the web. The newest EXPO magazine has four articles about it. Here's the link:

http://www.expo2010china.com/expo/expo_eng...2519/index.html

Certainly not the same as being there, but an interesting twist.

Expo 2000 had an internet tour also. It was fairly comprehensive allowing the user to do aerial fly-overs, ground level tours, etc., but compared to the samples posted on the Expo 2010 website, it was basically stick figures. I plan on attending Expo 2010 but with an online exprience as all-encompassing as the preview looks, I wonder if it will rob the event of some potential visitors who will find themselves satisfied with a "virtual visit"?

This particular World's Fair looks like it's gonna be a great one.

I wonder how many people will be able to afford to fly to China to go to it though. Not to mention all the other costs.

Given the likely fuel cost we'll see by then, we better start inflating the rubber duck right now, start paddling, and watch out for sharks. Of course you guys back east will have to paddle your rubber ducks by way of the Panama Canal.

Say, a bunch of us could go together on the PTU "Group Plan" and paddle an octopus to China instead of individual rubber ducks.

yhst-18613214318518_2006_1493384.jpg

That would REALLY be a SiP- Saturday in the Pacific. And Sunday, and Monday, and Tuesday......

How many times would we have to sing Small World in rounds before we washed ashore in China?

I notice that the kids in this picture must be heading to the Olympics- they have their Olympic rings.

Time to get out the shovels and start digging!!!

can someone post a link to the virtual flyover/ground level tour? I can't seem to find it on their site

can someone post a link to the virtual flyover/ground level tour? I can't seem to find it on their site

According to the Expo 2010 website, the virtual tour will be available early next year, 2009.