Sign in to follow this  
Yessongs

The New Project

Hey guys - I recieved your mailing today about the DVD and the announcement about your new film project focusing in on the music and culture of NYC from 65-75. Neat concept but oh, so huge! You certainly have your work cut out for you.

From the mailing it seems that you'll be focusing in on the punk scene...true?

Will this be sort of like the film, "The End of Western Civilization Pt1" (I think that's what it was called)? Will you touch on how Disco & Coke, unfortunately, killed the Punk Scene? Do you foresee any mention of the 1970's Progressive Rock Movement (IE: Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson, Kansas, ELO etc...). Granted that was more of a British thing but it's impact can still be felt today.

Just curious.

We've been working on the 65-75 Film since completing the Fair and have no idea where it's going. We've shot about 20 interviews so far everyone from Jean Ritchie to Dick Hyman to Genya Ravan to Fillmore East people to Warhol people to Max's Kansas City people and on and on. We have no idea where the film is going but are interested in what happened in NYC from 1965 to 1975. We like simple questions that have huge answers. That's the challenge and the fun for us. We've got tons of interviews lined up and at some point things will start making sense but right now we're just poking around. New York City was a fascinating place in those 10 years and we are going to do our best to try and figure out what made it so interesting. The mingling of the arts, music and culture is very fascinating to us. So, we'll see where it goes! Sorry about taking so long to answer your question but somehow it slipped through the cracks and I just found it.