Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Cates

Film available at Filmbaby

Filmbaby has put the film online at Filmbaby.com.

We want to thank everyone, once again, for your continued support of

our project. This film was made in large part with the help and support

of the many friends we have made on this board. We hope you enjoy it.

We welcome your comments.

Once we began shooting the interviews, it became obvious to us that we

wanted to make a film that would preserve the history of not only the

Fair, but of the people who put their all into building and operating it

at the height of many of their careers. We hope that people 100 years

from now can watch our film and, as a result, will understand what went

into making an event that still excites people and brings them out to

mingle, share memories and make new friends.

Just ordered mine through Filmbaby. Only $3.99 shipping.

3 1/2 hours of material? I think the price is totally reasonable for the hoops that Curtis and Terry have had to jump through! Thanks, you two, for not giving up on the project!

I also hope that Rag Doll is still in the film. Boy, that tune really was great in the early screenings at the Hall of Science.

If you haven't seen the film, you will surely be pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to see the extra footage.

I just ordered mine and I can't wait. I was more than happy to pay the price knowing how much time and effort went into its creation!

Although I'm still more of a 39-40 NYWF fan-- I still love all things FMCP-- and I've just heard too much about this film to pass it up. My order's been placed!

Is anyone going to be selling copies at the SiP in a couple of weeks? I'll have cash in hand!

Is anyone going to be selling copies at the SiP in a couple of weeks? I'll have cash in hand!

See the thead entitled: "BBQ @ SIP". It give all the details of buying at SIP!!

I have NOT ordered the film, and furthermore, I will NOT be ordering it.

Why?

Well because I'm going to bring a couple of twenties to SiP in a couple of weeks to get one straight from the source! At last, the wait is over!!! I can't wait fot June 22!

I ordered mine yesterday.Why wait? My girlfriend and I will be at the S.I.P.but I`m not sure how long we will be staying.I may not be there when Curtis and Terri show up so why take a chance of missing them.Looking forward to both the C.D. and meeting everyone there-Jerry.

That's a very good point Jerry. Also, by ordering it, one wouldn't have to worry about carrying the DVD around the park all day (and possibly run the risk of putting it down somewhere and losing it). But I just think that it will be such an exciting addition to the day's fun. Not ony will I finally be able to meet many PTUers and walk around the park with them, but I'll also be able to finally get my hands on the DVD--right there in FMCP!

That's a very good point Jerry. Also, by ordering it, one wouldn't have to worry about carrying the DVD around the park all day (and possibly run the risk of putting it down somewhere and losing it). But I just think that it will be such an exciting addition to the day's fun. Not ony will I finally be able to meet many PTUers and walk around the park with them, but I'll also be able to finally get my hands on the DVD--right there in FMCP!
I think SiP is also going to coincide with the US Open. We can meet other PTU-ers, try to get into the NYSP TOT carrying our BBQ DVDs all on the NYWFairgrounds at FMCP! It may be hot and vendors are pricey during the Open, so BYOB. Best of all, it's coming up PDQ! We're meeting in the parking lot of the NYCP (now QMA), right?

I think SiP is also going to coincide with the US Open. We can meet other PTU-ers, try to get into the NYSP TOT carrying our BBQ DVDs all on the NYWFairgrounds at FMCP! It may be hot and vendors are pricey during the Open, so BYOB. Best of all, it's coming up PDQ! We're meeting in the parking lot of the NYCP (now QMA), right?

The US Open is August 25 - September 7.

Got my copy in the mail today. GREAT.

Funny, watching it at home I could focus on the interviews better. Amazing recollection of all those interviewed. I especially liked Philip Johnson and the Sherman Brothers. Disc 2 is terriffic with the cutting room floor stuff. NYSP and Disney. Tons of stuff. A real treat. The NYSP film footage was heart wrenching with the music.

Thanks Curtis & Terri!!

I got mine (and a bag of microwave popcorn as well - nice touch!) in the mail today too...

I'll be watching it right after dinner tonight - I can hardly wait!

In fact, maybe I'll watch it during dinner tonight!

I second Mary Ellen's comment - thanks Curtis & Terri!

Got mine today also.Will watch it tommorow-Jerry

I got mine yesterday and I have to say I was overwhelmed by how exhaustive their research was. I really enjoyed it. I feel it was well worth the wait and the price. Curtis and Terri have done a fine job and should be very proud of the finished product.

I got mine and watched it as well. Excellent and full of great interviews and footage, I was very touched by the interview at the end with the woman who worked at DuPont and visited the fairgrounds ten years later