Sign in to follow this  
waynebretl

MAKA RECORD

Saw this at the Early TV Museum in Hilliard, OH.

Does anyone know about these? Seems odd that it has grooves on both sides, as I thought the "record yourself" records typically were one-sided. I am prodding the museum staff to try playing the thing to see what's on it.

post-419-1210384245_thumb.jpg

post-419-1210384262_thumb.jpg

I can't tell from the pictures, but how did you tell there are grooves on the other side? And yes, all of the ones I have seen (non-NYWF though) like this are one sided, flat on the reverse.

Hi All,

mine is two sided and is labelled with what is on it and by whom. I believe these are worth a decent penny. I also guess they were recorded in the Communications Building?

Best,

Eric

Wow that brings back memories of my youth. I cut a record at the top of the Empire State Building when I was a kid in the 60's. My big line was "I am at the tippy tippy top of the World" . My Aunt May & Aunt Frances took me there. We used to take it out & play it for a good laugh. I wish I knew where is was now.

I can't tell from the pictures, but how did you tell there are grooves on the other side? And yes, all of the ones I have seen (non-NYWF though) like this are one sided, flat on the reverse.

I turned it over. The two pics are of the two sides (one side has a little scribble on the label). The grooves on both sides appear to be modulated.