Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Cates

FINALLY....FOR REAL THIS TIME!

After a short wait we are more than thrilled to announce that our documentary is finally being released. All the papers have been signed, all the art work done and it is now being shrink wrapped by Moses' elves. It will be available as a 2 DVD set at WWW.FILMBABY.COM after June 1. When we have a specific .url we will post it here. We can never thank you enough for your support, PATIENCE, help and encouragement.

Hope you like it! We're very happy with it.

Yipee!!! Yeah!!!! Rejoice!!!! Congrats to you and Terri for a fantastic film!! I want a personally autographed copy!!! Can't Wait!! You should come to SIP on June 22 to sell copies to everyone there!!!

I most certainly want my copy ASAP!! I am very happy for the two of you!

Terri and Curtis,

Great news! Congratulations. And thanks goodness for your patience too!

I want mine NOW!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Count me in.-Jerry

It will be available as a 2 DVD set at WWW.FILMBABY.COM after June 1.

Yay, might i ask will it be availiable in Australia?

Your posting the question tells me that Australia is on the internet, so you should be able to get it from filmbaby.com, and the dvd would be mailed to you.

The only possible problem would be if Australian televisions support a different standard than the American-Japanese NTSC standard.

(I don't believe this DVD is going to be in an HD 1080i or 1080p format).

As long as your DVD player and television support the NTSC standard, you should be fine.

Since several of us are going to be active in the park after sundown on the 22nd, maybe we can have a viewing at the park itself. If anyone has a projector, I can run the disc in my laptop and we can project the movie onto the side of the QTIP building or something. Would be a great finale for the SiP!

That's two....three strikes and you're......well, you do have an awfully nice mom, and it is Mother's Day after all....say, all kids should be getting their parents one of these...yeah, that's the ticket. (just in time for Fathers Day!....where's that kid of mine?) :P

GREAT NEWS!!! :D You know what, it's too bad it's too late (i'd imagine) to schedule a "World Premiere" screening at the Hall of Science on Sunday June 22. There are already 30 to 40 NYWF fans who will be there for SiP.

I can't wait to finally get my hands on one of these and get a chance to see it at last. I've never made it to any of the previous screenings, so I really haven't seen any of the doc yet.

Curtis, I know it will be available online, but have you considered bringing a stack to the SiP on June 22 as Elizabeth suggested? While many will probably want to order it as soon as it becomes available, I wouldn't be surprised if some of us (myself included) could bear to wait a couple of extra weeks to purchase one from you in person in the park. Maybe the logistics wouldn't work out or something. Just a thought...

In a way you're lucky worldsfairfan. Waiting for this documentary has been a joy and pure torture at the same time. Some people have been lucky enough to see some early screenings over the past couple of years, but the rest of us haven't seen ANY of it! And of course no one's seen any of the special features that will be available on the DVD. While it's been a long time coming I'm sure the wait will be more than worthwhile!

Curtis-If you CAN bring a stack to the SiP in June, I will definitely want a copy!

Count me in for a copy as well. I am looking forward to this.

HEY CURTIS !!!!!

IT'S ME, RAY DASHNER (pushing to the front of the waiting line). AM I FIRST OR NOT? It's been only two weeks short of SEVEN YEARS that I've been waiting for this. REF: SIP June 2, 2001.

Is this a record or what? That's longer than three 1964 / '65 seasons of the NYWF itself!

Where do I send the money?

Ray

HEY CURTIS !!!!!

IT'S ME, RAY DASHNER (pushing to the front of the waiting line). AM I FIRST OR NOT? It's been only two weeks short of SEVEN YEARS that I've been waiting for this. REF: SIP June 2, 2001.

Is this a record or what? That's longer than three 1964 / '65 seasons of the NYWF itself!

Where do I send the money?

Ray

But Ray, it will be sooooooo worth the wait!!!

Hey Everybody! We don't know what we're doing about SiP. We have been trying to get a screening at HOS but haven't heard back from them. In the meantime...everything is on schedule. We should be getting the DVD's delivered to our studio and then shipping some to filmbaby. We've started a mySpace page so visit there and be the first to be our friend.....http://www.myspace.com/the1964nywfdocumentary

thanks again for all your support. we're pretty excited at the bbq ranch!

curtis and terri

A screening would be awesome, however it would be great if you guys could join us regardless. I happen to know a girl who keeps leaving BLATANT hints on the PTU board ( and this thread ;) ) that would love to attain a copy from you directly and that would be the perfect opportunity. This must be so exciting to you to finally realize your goal.....

Congrats again

/ Nancy