Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Klug

Paul Bunyan

A friend of mine was up in Lake George, NY over the Labor Day weekend and found a statue of Paul Bunyan from the fair in a miniature golf course there.

Does anyone know of a Paul Bunyan statue from the fair?

I've been contacted by members of the family of Bill Little, who played Paul Bunyan at the Oregon Pavillion. They are looking for pictures of him there. I don' t have anything in my collection (but I don't have anything from the Oregon Pavillion at all. The Paul Bunyan shot at NYWF64.com appears to be the big statue that they had on display. Can anybody help?

I am the person that is looking for information about Paul Bunyon (Bill Little) He told me to come to this page for information. His son (my brother in law)is interested in memorabelia on him. He said, "Yes he was Paul Bunyon in the Oregon Pavillion. He wore black logger pants a red

wool shirt along with a tin logger hat. He also gave autograph's on big wood chips, and carried a 12 foot ax!" Hope this help jog anyone's memory.

I tried and tried but never was the lucky one to get the slice of wood. They were given at random to the children of the audience. I recall some man with a red knit hat. This sporting event was held on the flushing river that feeds the Pool of Industry.

The nywf64.com website has a copy of a brochure that was distributed at the Oregon Timber Carnival at the Fair. There is a photo there of a man -- and he's an actual man -- not a statue -- posing on a pile of wood with a huge axe that says "Paul Bunyan" Would that be the picture you're looking for? Here's the URL to that page. Just click on it and you'll be taken to the page with the picture.

<a href="http://www.nywf64.com/cgi-bin/nywf64.pl?oregon.html" target="_blank">http://www.nywf64.com/cgi-bin/nywf64.pl?oregon.html</a>

The photo is at the bottom of the page. If it is something you need and you'd like a better scan, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. You can use the eMail link at the top of the OREGON page to contact me.

Michelle, I might also ask you to post your request out to the Guestbook at the BBQ Productions website. BBQ productions has a link from this board. Just select the View Member Websites at the top of the page and follow the links to their website.

BBQ Productions has been working on a documentary on the Fair. Their website has been up and running for a long time and is listed on quite a few Internet Search Engines -- more so than these sites because they are much newer.

Because BBQ gets a lot of exposure, many people find their site and post to their Guestbook. There is an option there that allows people to read the entries in their Guestbook. There's a chance someone who can help you would read your post there and contact you. It's worth a try!

Bill Young

mailto:webmaster@nywf64.com

Thanks Bill. I went to the site and posted in the guest book. Mathew had led me to the link yu gave me above. Yes that is him. I e'd his son to see if he had that picture of him. I'm just waiting to hear back from him. Thanks so much for your help/interest!!!!