Sign in to follow this  
Randy Treadway

SiFLA

We've had several get togethers that have informally become known as SiPs (Saturdays or Sundays in the Park) at FMCP, and we've had a couple of SiLA s(Saturday in Los Angeles) get togethers as well. Now we have a third one- SiFLA. Saturday in Florida.

This one will be on Saturday, May 17th in the Orlando area.

We've got a thumbs up from Jason, Rob, myself, my 21-year-old-son- that's four-....anybody else?

How about John Pender- want to drive over from Sarasota? How about Dr. Lori Walters at the Univ. of Central Florida (her students are creating the virtual NYWF world)?

Plans are pretty loose but may involve Rob telling us or showing us all about his wonderful modeling of World's Fair pavilions; some kind of consuming of food I'm sure; and possibly checking out World's Fair legacies in the Disney area such as the ToFW model, Abe Lincoln (if Abe is open for business), the Carousel of Progess, Small World, etc. To say nothing about who can tell the biggest whoppers about World's Fair urban legends. :P Perhaps we can have an honorary underground home excavation dig if we can find a shovel and a camera to prove that we tried, but didn't find anything. (the GPS was only off a thousand miles or so). And maybe we can check out the 'nearest thing to a World's Fair' at Epcot.

We can work all that out, but we need to find out who would like to be a player, then we can work out the details. Specialbunny, you need some sun after all that London fog don't you? Just catch a cheapie flight down to Orlando with your mom. Tell the airline you'd like the special PTU rate.

Seriously, my son and I are staying at the Buena Vista Palace, which is advertising a spring (off-season) special of $99 a night (a big discount).

Just respond here by replying in this topic.

Clearly I have been grading too many papers - I hit the wrong button on the last reply :D

That sounds like a fantastic plan - count me in.

Looking forward it,

Lori

Thanks for the invite Randy, but we can't make it..thats graduation weekend for some of the girls' friends and we'll be reuniting the travelling sisters with each other finally here on US soil.

We will be going to SIP in June . We look forward to that and we hope that there will be some sort of technological connection btwn the east and west coasts.

Hope you all have a ton of fun.. ;)

/Nancy

Randy

Thank you for the invite, but that weekend I will be in Maryland visiting my sister

If my plans change I will let you know

Regards,

John Pender

Too bad John- although that time of year is a nice time to visit Maryland.

Sounds like we have a count of "five" unless some more join up. (just post here or PM me or something).

I'll be communicating among the five to synch up details- where to meet, where to go, what to do, where to eat., etc., over the next couple of weeks.

We'll try to take some some photos and post them on PTU, so the rest of you can see what you missed. :D

Randy,

Count me in (this is Rob). I live just a few minutes from Disney and would really like to meet up with you and any other NYWF enthusiasts. I have a few models I'm working on and lots of memories from the Fair - I'll look forward to getting the details. Thanks.

Rob